~ Chapter 16 ~

- 3rd P.O.V -

Elisabeth couldn't believe it, the pain in her heart was unbearable. Not only she lost her sister, Victoria, who was unconscious and bleeding to death in her arms but Hawks just died to protect her.

She already lost too much, she couldn't afford to lose someone else. Not far away from her, she could hear the cries of the Sins for their fallen friend but most importantly, she could feel the distress and suffering in Gilthunder's tears.

Elisabeth got up and placed her sister's limp body right next to Hawks' one, tears falling freely from her eyes.

"This is..." She stammered.

She couldn't bring herself to get out the words that burned inside her throat. This was her fault, both of them got themselves in danger because of her and now Hawks was dead and Victoria was nearly there.

She turned her head to see Meliodas crouching down next to Victoria's body as hot tears ran down his cheeks. The Captain of the Sins was holding her body in his arms, rocking her back and forth as if he was holding a small child.

"To think you would be saved by some lowly livestock and a girl..." The icy voice of Hendrickson echoed through the battlefield. "That's some bad luck."

"Bad luck, you say?" Meliodas replied furiously. Elisabeth never saw him that angry, his glare could've made even the fiercest knight tremble as he got up from his crouching position and deposed a small kiss on top of Victoria's forehead.

"Hawks! Victoria!" Elisabeth cried once more. "Wake up! Talk like you always do, Hawks. Laugh like you love to, Big Sister Victoria. You can't give a one-sided goodbye!"

She hugged both of them close to her body, tears of despair falling on Victoria's clothes as Elisabeth listened to her weak and disappearing heartbeat.

"Master died..." Ban growled. "The kiddo did too... Those kind-hearted souls... You bastard!"

On the back of the battlefield, Gilthunder and Elisabeth's cries doubled at the loss of Victoria.

"That won't happen twice," The Demon assured them, completely ignoring the crying people that surrounded him.

"Hendrickson," Meliodas told him, glaring fully at his form. "You've really made me furious."

Elisabeth didn't want Meliodas to face danger again, she had enough. She just wanted everyone to be safe. She was so busy hugging Victoria's body that she didn't notice the aura of light surrounding her.

A new strength flooded inside her and she carefully deposed her sister's body on the ground before standing up, facing the Demon.

"I am very sad," She told the Demon, "Hendrickson. Father trusted you very much. That was because you were more gentle and kind than anyone else. Because you were trusted by the people, and by the other Holy Knights. What happened to you? To betray the Holy Knights and to take so many lives..."

She glanced sadly at Victoria and Hawks' limp bodies.

"What do you want so bad that you would do all of this?" She asked.

"The revival of the Demons," Hendrickson explained. "And revenge against the four races that sealed us during the Ancient War."

"That's not Hendrickson talking," Meliodas told them. "It's something else inside him."

"For that purpose, I need your blood," The Demon continued. "the blood of the disciple of the Goddesses."

Elisabeth watched as the Demon created another black orb, the same one that took the life away from Hawks with the arms that killed Victoria.

"Please, stop!" She cried, believing that Hendrickson, the good Holy Knight could still come back and take the control. But nothing happened and the Demon launched his attack.

"Don't hurt anyone anymore!" She shouted, a giant orb of light appearing from her body and reducing the dark one to nothing. Flowers appeared everywhere and the wounds healed.

"What is this?" Elisabeth murmured, noticing the light that enveloped her. "What is this light? Sir Meliodas?"

"Don't worry, I'm right here," The warm voice of the Sin called from behind her.

"Meliodas... Everyone..." Elisabeth stammered. "You had terrible wounds, how?"

"Elisabeth, you don't realize what's going on?" Diane asked her.

Around her, the wounded knights got up, full of life again. She could see Gilthunder running towards them at full speed and he crouched down next to Victoria.

"Then, Hawks and Victoria?" She asked hopefully but the words soon died in her throat as she noticed Meliodas and Gilthunder's grim expressions.

"Why..." She cried. "Why?"

At her feet, Gilthunder was holding Victoria's body, whispering to her sister as if she could still hear him. He was telling her, begging her to come back, to show a sign of life, but the indigo-haired Sin didn't move and she stayed cold in her lover's arms.

"It's too late for those who have lost their lives..." King whispered, tears spilling out of his eyes.

Elisabeth cried more and more, the tears wouldn't stop coming out of her eyes. She glanced around her and saw Ban swearing at everything, blaming himself for Victoria's and Hawks' deaths.

She saw King and Diane hugging each other as they cried silently for their fallen friends. She saw Gilthunder letting out a whimper of pain as he rocked Victoria back and forth, begging her to come back.

And lastly, she saw Meliodas, looking softly at her, hot tears rolling down his cheeks as he watched the disaster in front of them.And with that, she fell unconscious.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -

Death was painful.

That's the only thing that Victoria could feel, pain. She could still hear the faint voices of her friends fighting, but she couldn't remember who they were fighting or why she was in such a state.

Every time she tried to remember, a sharp pain appeared in her stomach and stopped her to do so. It seemed as if she had walked for hours when she finally saw a door. A giant white door.

Perhaps, this was the exit that would lead her to her friends.She was going to reach for the doorknob when a hand stopped her.

"Margaret," Victoria whispered. "What am I doing here?"

"You're dead," Her sister explained. "Behind this door is the afterlife."

"What didn't you let me enter?" She asked tiredly, time seemed to slow in this world.

"Because you still have the choice, Victoria," Margaret told her. "Fight for your life and join your friends or accept your death and join me."

"I could...stay with you?" Victoria asked her sister.

"Yes," The older princess nodded. "Or you could go back to Gilthunder, Meliodas and the others."

"But how?" She asked again. "All I see is the white door."

"It's because you didn't look,"

Victoria turned in the direction that Margaret was pointing and saw a basic wooden door. She could hear cries and explosions from behind it whereas behind the white door, birds singing and peaceful wind echoed.

"I think I know what to do," Victoria told her sister.

"Either way, I'll be here for you," Margaret assured her, planting a gentle kiss on her cheek.

Victoria took some steps back and considered both of the doors, then, she made her decision. Turning the doorknob, she was welcomed with a warm and comforting light.

"Finally," She whispered, letting herself get consumed in the welcoming light.

New chapter! It's nearly the end of the adventure for Victoria! Which door did she choose?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

See you soon!