33. BC IV: Under the Thunder

END OF BONUS CHAPTER :D
Listen to singularity  :> it has some
cute rainy day vibes
I'm soft.

Kris wasn't sure what she was saying during the moment of which Taehyung had offered her to stay at his place. She stared at the manager of his for a moment who looked at her. Surely he would drawl on about Taehyung's career and how he shouldn't let women come into his home.

" Good idea Tae. In this weather, she can't just go out," He proclaimed, revving up the engine.

Kris gave Taehyung's manager the most disappointed look she had ever made and looked outside to see the purple cloud growing darker by the minute. She swallowed and let out a breath.  Maybe just for today, she would have to suck in her embarrassment and simply head over to Taehyung's home.

" I can drive you two there, his house isn't that far anyway."

•••

The glass planes of Taehyung condominium were translucent, a few of the raindrops slowly starting to roll down from the sky. The scent of some kind of detergent lingered in the air as Kris holds in a breath. Her back was pressed against the door once Taehyung heads inside. The lightning shattered into the air from the outside and kris felt an unexpected drop in her stomach.

A few minutes later she hears a loud thunder strike and Kris breathes deeply.

" Did you have to buy a house where you could see—" Kris shut her eyes from the sound of the lightning and stood by the door, before witnessing a strike of light. She swallowed and moved towards the door. Taehyung stifles a laugh at the way the sound shut Kris up.

" Yeah, I like seeing thunder, especially the ones that light up—"

Another strike is heard and the hollow of his house lights up. Kris swallows, breathing deeply. She couldn't imagine walking alone in the storm and felt a great deal of relief that Taehyung was willing to allow the girl that had flat out rejected him to come to his home.

"Want a cup of milk? " He asks knowingly, refusing to stare at Kris. He would have done this for anyone.

It was an act of kindness.

An act of kindness...

Kris turned her head to Taehyung watching him briefly before shaking her head. The guy knew everything about her.

" No thanks. Coffee is fine," she said.

" The bitter kind?" He asks with an amused smile. She hated coffee.

" The bitterer the better." Kris huffs, slowly kicking off her shoes. Taehyung rolls his eyes and sets out two cups, watching Kris stand there like a lost child.

" You can come inside." He says stiffly, he felt like he just saved a scared kitten from the rain.

" I could but do I want t—" before she could make the remark another strike is displayed from the window. Kris stiffens and shuts her eyes again. Rain begins to seep down, pattering against the glass.

Taehyung sighed.

She was scared.

" Ris, it's only lightening." Taehyung bit his tongue. Taehyung remembered the times where he'd watched her grip onto her school uniform as a thunderstorm had to be to erupt into the sky during their time in high school. He'd remembered when he offered to change his seat with hers, which was right by the window.

" Here." He muttered placing the cup in the clean counter. Kris takes a step towards it and her lips part to see what was inside.  Steaming milk.

" You don't like coffee. It would have been a waste." Taehyung shrugged, before taking his cup and sipping lightly.