War of the Angels- Book One: Daughter of Darkness Chapter Four

For days they tried to starve and isolate us into cooperating. More than once the curtains moved, teasingly reminding us that they were the only thing keeping the hellish light back, and that at any moment, with merely the flip of a switch, they could kill Lailah and bring the war to Eden.

They obviously underestimated defiant females from the Dark because neither of us entertained the notion of turning against the Dark Queen.

Five days after being taken hostage, the doors once again opened and Commandant Demonian waltzed in with a contingency of guards. Instantly I was on my feet, positioning myself between them and Lailah as she swayed on her feet from lack of nourishment. The Fallen, with their weapons drawn, swarmed around the room, circling us.

I nodded slightly. “Commandant, you finally grace us with your presence,” I commented softly, my eyes moving around the room taking note of where each guard stood before they snapped back to the smug male in the middle. “It is an honor,” I said curtly, purposely speaking in the tongue of Angels simply to undermine him.

His smug smile fell. “You are not like the others,” he said, speaking in the tongue of the Angels as well.

“Observant,” I commented.

“I will not warn you again,” he hissed.

“You have yet to warn me once,” I pointed out with a smile.

“Mind your tongue, Slave,” he barked, well aware that he would get nothing from me, so he turned his attention to Lailah. “Would you care to join me for dinner?” he asked with a fabricated smile. “You must be famished.”

“I advise against it,” I whispered.

“I will not warn you again,” Commandant Demonian snarled. “You will be sequestered to quarterage in the bastille if you speak without permission again, and I assure you, the guards enjoy defiant females. Though I warn you now, very rarely do the females leave the bastille alive.”

I continued to look at him indifferently. Even though I knew his pernicious words were true, and he would enjoy nothing more than to see me on my knees, groveling for mercy in front of a male, his cock at the ready to rape my insolence spewing mouth with, I was not scared by him in the least.

“Mind your tongue,” Lailah hissed, her solid red eyes narrowing.

“Of course,” I humbly said with a nod and stepped to the side of her.

“It would be my honor,” she continued, smirking at the Commandant and he fought to keep the snarl tugging at his top lip from breaking his façade. “Shall we?” she purred, and confidently strolled towards him, brushing her little finger against the back of my hand as she passed. Like a Queen in her own mind, she was confident and graceful as she ignored the armed males with their guns pointed at her, each following her every move with their trigger fingers itching, and headed towards the last person on Eden that an Angel wanted to be in the presence of.

I watched her leave, the doors slamming shut behind her and they locked, once again sealing me inside the lavish prison.

“Damn it,” I hissed and started pacing, memorizing the layout of the room, yet again, to pass the time. I continued to glare at the single camera following my every step and looked to the black curtains more than once; I knew how they would kill Lailah, I only wished that theywould consider the repercussions of their malicious actions first.

I looked up at the wandering camera in the corner and the lens dilated, zooming in on me. “Haven’t you grown tired of watching me pace like a caged animal?” I snarled in the tongue of the Fallen.