CHAPTER 2

Aisling didn't posses many belongings ,but the ones she owned were extremely precious to her. As you know she owned a doll named Hilda ,but this was only one of her few possessions. She also owned a book of Shakespeare's plays and a brooch (both given to her by Hilda ) . Her most prized possession however was a small silver locket, given to her at birth .The inside of the locket depicted a minute picture of her mother and father.Her parents gave it to her so that she could remember them if anything happened.And quite tragically it did.

Her parents sailed to the Isle of Wight for Aislings uncles wedding.

They never came back.

Aisling was told that their ship sank, as far as she could remember. She remembered being at home (cared for by her nanny) when the officer knocked at her door. The officer spoke to her nanny for a bit ,but Aisling couldn't hear what they were saying .

"I'm terribly sorry Aisling but mummy and daddy have gone to heaven. Their boat sank, there is nothing we can do" She was told by Nanny once the officer had gone.

"Why did they leave?" She had asked , with a thick voice.

"I do not know lovey , but they are with god now so don't fret so" Nannie had said kindly.

"But Nannie I can't help it ! My mummy and daddy are gone and I don't think it's possible for me to not fret!" She had replied choking on her sobs.

Aislings Nannie died from a stroke 3 months later .Aisling was only 4 when her parents died so she didn't miss Nannie that much. What she did miss though was the life she could've had if Nannie was still alive .

She could still be wealthy , and have a home ,and have a guardian .She might be able to read,she might even be able to go to school.

Sadly Aisling had already realised that this potential life was going to stay as it was and it would probably never become reality.

She had always wondered if her parents would return ,alive. For weeks after their death she half expected them to walk through the door after a day at work.

It never happened ,no matter how well Aisling imagined it to.

She'd often dreamed of sailing to the Isle of Wight and finding them there. But she knew that Nannie was telling the truth. She didn't have any reason to lie.Did she?