THE ANDERSON THING

This chapter was also posted on the first version of "He's Bad News" (called "THE DAY I MET CHLOE ANDERSON") but not as the full, new edited version. This one is a little bit different and it introduces a new character.

Dedicated to 'AngelSendFromUpAbove' for making this beautiful cover. Thank you so much!

***

THE ANDERSON THING

RYDER

1 year later...

The air was filled with clouds of smoke and the familiar scent of weed as I walked past through the crowded hallway to the living room.

I squeezed my way through the crowd, trying to see through the cloudy atmosphere but it seemed impossible to do so without my eyes watering. Was everyone already high in here but me?

I finally found my people on the living room, spread out on the couch, passing each other bowls and drinking beers. Those motherfuckers had already started having fun without me? Some friends they were.

"Did you dicks saved me some or smoked it all?"

They all snapped their heads towards me and gave me stupid lazy grins. They were high as kites already.

"Take a seat and stop whining you asshole."

I chuckled as I sat next to them on the small couch, taking off my leather jacket and getting comfortable. Time to kill some brain cells.

"Were the hell have you been? I've been calling you nonstop." Mel snapped, her face turning as red as her pixie hair.

I threw my hands out "I was working all day, I needed my beauty sleep."

She scoffed, a smirk forming on her lips "Whatever Bon Jovie."

I laughed and grabbed her face with both of my hands, teasingly saying; "Aww, why did you miss me?"

I'm gonna stop anyone here who might think Mel and I are a thing. Never been, never will. Mel was more like a sister to me. We've been best friends since forever and we've been through a lot together. Both good and bad; 'Bad' for an example as us getting relocated to Oakheart after getting drunk and vandalizing our school last year.

She slapped my hands away "Don't touch me. I just beat my face do you want me to kill you?"

I looked at my hands and pretending there was makeup on them, I wiped them at her shirt "Oops, sorry."

She put her hands up in defense and got up from the couch "Okay he's being annoying again, I'm changing seats."

I winked and send her an air kiss "Smooches girlfriend."

They all laughed and Phil finally passed me the bowl he was holding "Don't smoke it all you greedy bastard."

I flipped him off and wasted no time putting a lighter in the side of the bowl. I inhaled while holding the carb, building up my hit slowly. At the end of my hit I released the carb while still inhaling to rush the excess smoke into my lungs.

I took a second smoke and then a third before passing the bowl to the others who were calling me an asshole for being greedy.

I fell back to the couch, starting to feel the familiar rush in my body and my heart going faster but the time going slower. Around me people were laughing and chatting, their voices coming out muffled.