Chapter 1

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong To Hiro Mashima

Chapter 1

"So I guess I'll see you in a few days," Sting smiled awkwardly as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Yeah," Rogue nodded, giving Sting a small smile in return.

Frosch watched them both with disgust. What the heck was it going to take to get the two clueless mages together? The tension between the two was so marked even he could feel it, and he was generally oblivious to most things. Frosch could see Lector rolling his eyes at him, it had become a private joke between them at this point. The difference was that while Lector was content to watch them try to figure it out, only making a sarcastic comment every now and again, Frosch desperately wanted to help.

He hated to see how Rogue's expression turned sad at moments like this, although he enjoyed the extra cuddles he got as a result. He loved Rogue with all his heart and wanted nothing more but to see him happy. Humans were so complicated, why couldn't Rogue just walk up to Sting and tell him how he felt? What was he so afraid of?

Sting and Rogue finished saying their pathetic goodbyes, and Rogue went back into the guild, already focused on the paperwork that was waiting for him in Sting's office. Frosch knew that Rogue hated paperwork, it was yet another way to show his affection for the Sabertooth guild master, one that Frosch knew Sting definitely appreciated. The White Dragon Slayer was in a bit over his head as Master, he'd definitely be lost without Rogue's help.

The truth was the two of them made a fantastic team, together there was very little they couldn't defeat, except perhaps their fear of exposing their feelings for the other. Frosch watched for a few minutes as Rogue buried his feelings in bureaucracy and promptly fell asleep.

"Frosch"

Frosch opened his eyes groggily as he heard his name be called gently. He blinked a few times until he was able to focus on his partner. He could tell that something was up by the way Rogue looked vaguely annoyed.

"Is something wrong, Rogue?"

"I just got a call from the Magic Council, they need my help with something since Sting isn't here," Rogue told him.

"Fro help too!"

"I'm sorry, Frosch. It might get dangerous, and I can't be worrying about you."

"Oh, Fro will stay with Yukino," He cheered internally, he loved Yukino because she would spoil him rotten.

"Everyone I would trust to take care of you is already gone on a job. Rufus is here, but I need him to stay in charge of the guild while I'm gone. Besides, for someone with such a good memory, he isn't very good at remembering to do basic things like eating," Rogue chuckled good-naturedly.

Rogue tapped his temple with his finger as he thought and then with a defeated sigh he got out the lacrima and made a call.

"This is the Fairy Tail Guild," Rogue could hear Mirajane Strauss's voice clearly, "How can I help you? Oh, hello Rogue!"

"Hello, Mira. By any chance are Natsu or Gajeel around?"

Natsu, lacrima for you!

Frosch could see Rogue grimace, but he managed to put himself back together before Natsu arrived.

"Hey Rogue, what's up? You and Sting okay?"

Frosch saw Rogue tense up at hearing Natsu say Sting's name and giggled to himself.

Jealous much?

"We're fine. I'm sorry to do this, but can you do me a favor? I was called away by the Magic Council, and I have no one to leave Frosch with, could you watch him for me? It shouldn't take more than a day or two."