III. Compelled

He took a fast and unnecessarily sharp turn and I almost hit my head.

"You want to slow down, maybe?" I asked cautiously.

He laughed. "I was barely speeding."

He was driving too fast. I felt like I was being pressed against my seat.

"Slow down! God!" I shrieked.

"Nah, you said someone is after you." He let out an annoying chuckle.

"I'll get off on the next street." I puffed a loud sigh, but I didn't comment any further.

His phone rang loudly in his pocket and he fiddled with his Bluetooth to answer the call.

"She fainted again?" He exclaimed in a fit of anger. "Take her to the hospital now and asked her technician to increase the heart rate."

All I could do was watch and wait for him to calm down so I could get out.

"Uhm..." I was about to say something but he started hitting the steering wheel.

He put his forehead against the steering wheel and breathed heavily. "Damn it."

He sat up straight and threw his head back, but he didn't look at me.

I saw from the state he was in that the phone call completely devastated him.

He drove for a couple of miles more without talking to me. Just as it felt like the car ride would never end, he suddenly slowed down to a reasonable speed. He turned off the highway and onto a small town road. He pulled over by an empty lot, where he parked.

"Sorry, I took you on a ride," he finally said and looked in my direction. I was knocked for six. "You okay?"

He's just my type—gorgeous, dangerous, hardcore, but adorable and sweet. I had a weakness for blue eyes. I could stare at him for hours.

I nodded. "Huh, y-yeah...I'm okay now I guess," I managed to choke out. "Thank you for the ride, though. I was able to escape."

"Was that your boyfriend running after you?" "No," I shook my head vigorously. "My ex." "Oh..." he muttered, nodding his head. " By the

way, I'm Reeve Gates." He smiled.

"Agata Ferrero." I felt my cheeks blush. I turned my head slightly so he wouldn't see me turn scarlet. "Uhm, I could get out here. I'll just get a cab."

Just when I was about to open the door of his car, he lightly pulled my arm. "Hey, let me give you a ride home."

"No, it's okay. I can manage. Sorry for the trouble." I pushed the door, but it was locked. Of course it was locked.

He let out a cheeky grin.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Okay."

We drove off down the highway and as we drove away from the empty lot, we were cut off by an SUV with hip-hop music blasting on their speakers. It sped up close to the bumper and back in our spot before we could react.

"Shit!" Reeve yelled. He pulled up alongside it and flipped off the driver. He jumped out of the car before the driver could storm off.

"Wait! What are you thinking?"

From the look on his face, he was already struggling to hold in the anger that was trying to burst out. I was really worried he was going to hurt the driver.

"Let's just get out of here." I reached out.

The driver was now closely approaching, his face hidden within the shadows of his black hoodie.

"They don't know who they're messing with," he whispered.

"We can talk this out, Reeve, please."

The man showed his face and apologized for what happened. "I'm a bit drunk, bro, my vision got blurry for a while." Reeve turned around and the guy tapped his shoulder. "Sorry, man."

Reeve grabbed his wrist with his right hand and punched him in the face. He almost stumbled and tried to regain his stance, but Reeve grabbed his shoulder and pinned him against the car hood.

"You almost killed us, you freak!"

"Reeve, stop! You're only gonna make it worse!" I grabbed his arm just as he punched the guy again.

"Move back!" Reeve growled.

The guy winced in pain when his head hit hard onto the hood.

I heard sirens as the police arrived. "Reeve, stop. Let the police handle it."

The officers jumped out of their cars and walked up to both Reeve and the drunk guy.

Reeve straightened up, but didn't let go of his grip on the man's neck.

I talked to the police officer and recounted to them what happened. "Mr. Gates, you can let go of him now. We will take over."

"Reeve, please," I begged. I watched his jaw clench and then relax as his features softened. He drew a deep breath and dropped his hands off the man on the car hood.

The police officer took care of the situation and we drove off to my dorm.

I didn't notice I was staring at him the whole time he was driving.

"Stop staring at me," he blurted. I was pulled back to earth.

I looked away and muttered, "You shouldn't have done that."

"Why not?" His piercing blue eyes stared back at me.

"You're supposed to set a good example now that you're soon to be our dean."

"Your dean?" he asked. "Correction, not until next week."

He was quiet and didn't engage in any more chit chat until we reached the dorm.

He seemed mysteriously dangerous, but I somehow felt compelled to him. I was drawn to him by something I couldn't explain, against my intuition and better judgement.

"We're here," he announced.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me. "Thank you again for the ride and for saving me

from Kyle." I gratefully smiled at him.

"I'll see you around." His face was serious and his voice was cold.

"See you around," I said and walked inside the building.

"Agata," he called. "You owe me one."

He hopped back into his car and drove away.

_______________

A/N: What do you think about this chapter lovelies? I hope you liked it. What you do think about Reeve? Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!