What are you Doing?

I open my locker to grab my textbook for my next class. It was almost lunch time and I was still walking around as if it's been a year since I last slept.

I didn't pay much attention in class either, last thing I heard was that we have a test tomorrow. You see, I don't really care. I don't study at all for any test in any subjects.

I just come to school and somehow get a decent mark. It may be because I normally pay attention in class or I just do what seems right. I don't know, and I don't really care.

Anyway, I must've moved more, and used a lot more strength then I thought last night at the ring. When I woke up, I was so sore I couldn't move. Chance had to carry me to my bathroom.

I took my shower sitting down, and got changed wrapped up in the secure warmth of my bed.

After that he carried me to the car suggesting not to go to school. But hey here I am now, second class, barely making it. Obviously I declined.

But I haven't seen Logan at all today so far, I'm really hoping he took the day off. Maybe he would forget. More like hoped he'd forget.

I grab my book and lock my locker, heading down the hallway towards my next class.

My eyes begin to slowly close and I can't do anything to stop it. They fully shut and at that moment it's like my whole body shut down.

It felt like I was falling for a few seconds before I hit the ground.

I don't open my eyes though. I couldn't even if I wanted to. I couldn't move either.

"Kristen?" Someone's voice questioned.

I groan, "What?"

"What are you doing on the ground in the middle of the hallway?"

I slowly turn my head to the other side to see Logan. "What are you doing crouched down in the middle of the hallway?"

"What? I'm talking to you, wondering what your doing!"

"Same."

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Stop!"

"Stop What?"

"That, What your doing!"

"What am I doing?"

"I don't know, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"What a mean is you didn't tell me!" He practically yelled.

"Are you getting mad?"

"God Dam it Kristen tell me why your laying in the middle of the hallway?!!!"

"Oh. I do this every Thursday."

"It's Tuesday stupid."

"Same thing."

"No they really aren't."

"Both start with a tee, and both end with day. They also happen to both be days of the week."

"I'm not having this argument with you." He crossed his arms.

"Well sorry mom, I literally just can't move."

"Why?"

"Shhhh," I snack my finger on his lips making them squish together to silence him. "Your being too loud, I want to sleep."

"Not here Kristen."

"Then bring me home!"

"I need your address."

I tell him my address and next thing you know, I'm being hoisted into the air bridal style and carried to his car.

He puts me in the passenger seat and buckled me in.

"I need your address."

I give him the information and he starts to drive towards my neighbourhood, I was going to stay awake until we got there but instead my eyes starting dropping and next thing I know, I'm out like a light.

———

It's a bit later when I'm being shook awake.

I slowly open my eyes to see that Logan had made it to my house safely.

I don't really like having people come to my house. Mostly because it is in the poorest neighbourhood with the crime rate skyrocketing.

I look at Logan, still half asleep, but still awake.

"You live here?" He asked looking at the house in disbelief.

"Yes." I shrug my shoulders. "Me and my brother."

"What about your parents?"

"What about them?" I snapped, Logan looks over at me surprised.

"Sorry." I say quietly, but he still heard me.

"It's ok, I get it. It's a touchy subject. Just know that if you or your brother need anything, I'm here."

"Yes." I shrug again. "Umm thanks for the ride, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I say, awkwardly waving my hand.

"Yup see you tomorrow." I get out and he waits for me to get inside before driving in the opposite direction than my house. I watch through the window, until he's to far in the distance to see.

I look around at my run down home. The floors  are still in tact, as are the walls, but the place could definitely use some new furniture, maybe a good ol' paint job. The banister could be replaced and the wallpaper should be taken down.

The locks aren't so good ether. Well I guess there's a lot that could be changed about this place. It's not that we don't have the money to do it, is more like the time.

I take my shoes off at the door and lock it before walking upstairs to my room.

This house has three rooms, ones mine, ones Chances and the other is a guest bedroom. We also have two bathrooms. One upstairs one downstairs.

I open the door to my room, which is at the end of the hallway, and put my bag at on the desk chair.

My room had light grey walls with a dark green accent wall. I have my soccer medals from when I used to play up on the wall along with pictures of my grandparents and other pictures of me and my friends. I have some fairy lights that hang across the room that I practically use them as lights instead of my real ceiling light.

My desk is a grey wood with my MacBook sitting on top along with other trinkets. I have a tv perched up in front of my bed that has black sheets with a shit ton of extra blankets thrown about.

My bedside table has my clock, water bottle,( for when I get thirsty in the middle of the night) my fan, and a Kleenex box.

I have a few book shelves filled to the brim with books of all genres with a black bean bag in the corner.

I plug my phone in to the charger beside my bed and change into comfortable pyjama pants because for the life of me, I can't wear shorts to bed, I get to cold in the morning.

And put on a comfortable plain black shirt.

I the tip toe to my bed and practically face plant into it. I pull the covers over my shoulders up to my chin and peacefully fall asleep.

———

Vote, comment, show your friends