people like us.

Neal and Peter had been working and pushing through cases a lot more recently, so I figured why not bring him lunch? At least this way I knew he ate one solid meal during the day

Neal and Peter had been working and pushing through cases a lot more recently, so I figured why not bring him lunch? At least this way I knew he ate one solid meal during the day. They were working on one case for a few weeks and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about it.

I walked through the glass doors, gently placing a brown paper bag in front of Neal's computer screen. His eyes follow the bag, eventually looking up at me.

"Figured you could use something with substance instead of coffee."

"It's like you read my mind." He muttered, opening the bag.

"Well, in case you didn't know by now, I am part superhero." I joked. Peter and Jones approached, sweet smiles on their faces.

"What do I need to do to get a fancy lunch like this?" Peter questioned, looking at Neal's lunch.

"You need to be 6'0'', with blue eyes and brown hair, have history with a tracking anklet, and be quite the charmer." I rolled my eyes and grin at the reply.

"You guys are hilarious, don't quit your day job. What's the case about?"

"We need to go undercover at a karaoke bar. This is important, do you know anyone who can sing?"

"Definitely not me or Savannah. We jam out in the car but we are nowhere near professionals." I glanced at Neal, his eyes finding the statue across from him very interesting. "Neal can though."

"No I can't." He interjected, his eyes finally leaving the object.

"Oh, yes you can. June and I beg to differ."

"You and June talk about my voice?"

"Well when she has her windows open and you leave the terrace doors open, it isn't that hard to hear you."

"I can't imagine what else that poor lady hears." Jones muttered, watching the conversation unfold. He thought I didn't hear him. Ha.

"Inappropriate and irrelevant. If you want someone to sing and sing well, Neal is your best bet. Not to mention, he's also very easy on the eyes which could help, too."

"Cooper has a point. Caffrey is our best shot." We all looked at Neal, a look of consideration on his face.

"Okay, okay fine. I'll do it."

"Haley, you're more than welcome to join us in the van if you'd like." I was surprised, why not?

"I'll bring the coffee."

♔♔♔