The Gift of Giving

It started with one.

Hibari Kyoya entered his office, the reception room, and moved to his desk while tossing a bloodied tonfa onto the hard wooden surface his eyes catching on something foreign.

Sitting on his desk was a very badly made small Hibird plush. There were signs of bad stitching and it was a little odd in shape, but it was definitely supposed to be a replica of his faithful companion.

Cocking one eyebrow the dark haired teen lifted up the bird and peered at it, what was he meant to do with it?

Throw it out was his first thought but he shook his head lightly while peering at it, Hibird cheeping enthusiastically from her spot nestled into his dark hair.

Regardless of who had made it, Hibird liked it so he would keep it.

It wasn't until hours later that he realised what today was, he never bothered to celebrate the date of his birth, but it would seem someone had decided to.

Poking the rough made plush with one tonfa the barest of smiles tugged at his lips before he caught himself and wiped the smile away.

~•~

Then there was two.

The last thing Hibari Kyoya had expected when he came into his office that afternoon to fill out some reports on herbivores he had bitten to death today was to see another plush. For a moment he frowned at it, he was sure he had taken the plush home... lifting up the second plush he studied the small bird. It was a new one, a little better made this time, less obvious stitching around the edges and the shape almost a ball like his precious partner.

Putting the second plush down he watched as Hibird hopped off his shoulder and began to peck and play with the toy.

It had been a very long time since someone had given him a Christmas present. Kyoya was unable to stop the small curve of his lips as yet again he accepted the mysterious bird present.

While it would take little effort he was sure, to hunt down the herbivore that was intruding on his office, he somehow didn't want to. Nothing was moved or touched, everything as the prefect liked it to be, all in place.

The only change was the tiny yellow toy sitting on his desk.

~•~

Three's a crowd.

It was New Years, after biting some drunk and disorderly teenagers to death Hibari Kyoya retreated back to his office to fill out paperwork and clean the blood out of his shirt, he hated how easily white stained with blood. Looks like he would need to get the family cleaning recipe out again, nothing else could completely eradicate bloodstains.

While Kyoya hated his only living relative, the Arcobaleno Fon, he did however not mind using the recipe that Fon had brought over from China one time when he had been young, and still had a family.

Tossing one bloodied metal tonfa onto the desk his eyes moving to his drawers while he froze.

Dark steel grey eyes flicked up from the drawer to the small yellow bird sitting on his desk, the side of which was slowly staining red while the yellow material soaked up the moisture.

Growling lightly Kyoya knocked the tonfa away and instead picked up this most recent Hibird. The maker was definitely getting better, he wasn't sure why they kept giving him Hibird copies, though it was likely because they fully expected him to throw them away as unwanted herbivorous toys.

This one was very well shaped, the small wings were even sewn on at the right places on each side, making it a lot less lopsided looking then the last two he had received.