Chapter 1 (Dreams)

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. ~Steven Kloves

Where am I? I wondered as I looked around letting my vision adjust to wherever I was, once my vision came into full focus I stood up cautiously scanning my surroundings, and that's when my eyes befell upon a magnificent luminous golden brown tree trunk as thick as a baseball diamond, radiating an endless supply of light to this mysterious yet peaceful place, the branches of the tree had to hold at least a trillion or more lush green leaves. After awhile of just staring at the tree I decided to get a closer look and realized the grass was white as if it was covered in snow, it's texture was smooth like silk not itchy and irritating nor where there any bugs lurking around to bite me, with every step I took the sensation between my toes felt calming and relaxing. "What do you think of ligno vitae et mortis?" A voice from behind me asked. Before I could answer or even turn around to look at who was speaking to me my dad's familiar voice interrupted me saying "
Delilah dinner."

My dad was the only one who called me by my firstname Delilah, everyone else calls me Lilah or Li except my younger siblings Rachel and Reed they call me Deli, and my step mom calls me De.

"What are we having" I asked my dad in a grogley voice while struggling getting up off our plush cream sofa in the living room where I enjoyed my after school naps. When I was finally able to get free of the couch cushins that engulfed me I stumbled in to the kitchen, and immeadeatly my nose smelled the horrible stinch of fish.

"Fish Tacos for us and Tomato Pie for you. Sound good?" My dad asked in his do I have you approval voice. "Yes dad sounds delightful, but I'm going to eat in my room." I said while showing my trying not to throw up face. The thing is I DON'T eat anything that's living or was once living, the thought of taking a life so one can florish sickens me it even hurts me to eat plants but I gotta eat something. Ever since I was a kid I've always viewed the life of every human, animal, plant, and bug vauable and to take a life is the most selfish and unworthy thing anyone can do. So sitting at the table watching my family eat fish is a big Notgonnahappen for me.

"Dad what do you think of ligno vitae et mortis?" I asked grabing my plate off the island "Tell me what it means". I gave him a simple shrug, and without replying I grabbed my dinner and walked to my room, as I pushed the door open I saw my best friends Heather, and Sasha climbing through my window like it was the front door.

"Lilaahhhh darling it's almost your speicial day which means we need to go shopping for your outfit" Amberleigh said as she came bursting through my door with a devilish grin, so tommorrow we're going to wisk you off your feet after school and take you shopping.

" You know I cant have to finnish setting up for the winter concert, but once I'm done we can go." I reassured Amberleigh know how much my 16th birthday ment to her since she was the one throwing it.

Amberleigh, and Sasha had been my best friends since we were in daycare, and Heather moved to Hillbay at five after her mom married her step dad which turned out to be her real dad but we didn't find that out till she was ten after the car accident we got into and she need a blood transfusion, I was in a comagot about a week, Amberleigh had minor bruises, and Sasha broke her arm.

"Sooo Li when will you be asking Tate to be your date to the winter concert?" Heather said as she made a mustache with the golden brown tips of her hair as her piercing green blue eyes pierced my soul for the truth. "I don't know" I replied nervously now that all eyes were on me, even my cat MyLo who never ages he like 10 but still looks like a kitten. "Come on Li he would be insane if he said no" Sasha said taking the edge off my nervousness. "So what if your a sophmore and he's a senior I know he likes you Amberleigh said sternly. I'll think about it I said as yawned but I'm tired so I will see you in the morning. We'll let you sleep so you can dream about Tate Sasha teased as they got up off my bed to leave. See you tomorrow have a goodnight.

After they left I put a rhinestone on the front of my journal for the entry I just finished writing it was my mom's idea so I could keep track of my writing. I miss you so much mom I thought to myself as I fell asleep.