chapter 24-

IVY'S POV
*tears roll down my cheeks as i lay my head on joey's shoulder. this is harder than i thought. i've been home for 5 minutes and i'm already crying. i haven't even seen my sister's room yet.*

joey- baby, it's okay. you're allowed to feel like this. death is hard

*i nod and sniffle while listening to him. he comforts me so much and sometimes i feel like i don't comfort him enough. i sigh and wipe my cheeks.*

ivy- i'm ready.

joey- want me to call my mom and sisters up?

ivy- no it's okay. i'll do it. thank you though

joey- always

*i open the door to my bedroom and walk back downstairs with joey behind me. i hold onto his hand and look at his family.*

ivy- it's all clean you guys can follow me

jen- gladly

*we all walk back upstairs and i show them my room. after showing mine, i walked over to my sister's room and took a deep breath. i turn the nob and walk inside with my head hanging low. i look at her bed and take a shaky breath.*

jen- she was an artist

ivy- yeah in her younger years. like when she was 12 and 13 not so much as she got older.

sophia- her room is beautiful

bella- i can tell she was amazing

ivy- thank you.

*i look around seeing my sister's room and take a deep breath. this kinda just hit me now and it's so surreal that i'm the only one alive in my family. well besides my parents because i don't know if they are. joey comes up behind me and rubs my back.*

jen- i'm going to go to the store with the girls and buy some food for here. we will be back later.

ivy- here i'll give you some money.

jen- sweetie no it's okay

ivy- are you sure?

jen- i'm positive. soph bella lets go

*they walk out of the room, leaving me and joey alone. i let the tears roll down my cheeks that i didn't even know were there. i turn towards joey and hug him tightly, crying into his chest. he plays with my hair and talk softly.*

joey- she's always watching over you baby. i know it's hard. she misses and loves you so much. i promise.

ivy- it's just hitting me now and that's what shocking.

joey- you're strong. you always have been, especially since i met you.

ivy- it doesn't feel like it

joey- but i see it princess. just because you cry doesn't mean you aren't strong

*i nod as he wipes my tears. i lock my eyes with his before closing them and kissing him softly. he kisses back and squeezes my hands, as a gesture to show he's proud of me or that it'll be okay. i don't really know.*

ivy- thank you

joey- for what?

ivy- helping me, believing in me, comforting me, everything

joey- i'm always going to do things for you

ivy- so am i

JOEY'S POV

*i kiss her forehead and help her clean up her sister's room. it wasn't really dirty but we made the bed and picked up things off the floor. i watch ivy walk into the bathroom so i thought she just had to use the restroom. i shut her sister's door and walk into her room to wait for her.*

joey- baby i'm in your room when you're done!

*its been ten minutes since i told her that. i walk over to the bathroom and knock on the door. i hear sniffles coming from the other side so i open the door and see ivy sitting with a bottle of pills in her hand, staring at them. my heart drops into my stomach and i rush over to her. i grab the pill bottle and put it on the counter. i sit down and pull ivy into my lap as she cries harder than before.*

ivy- i-i'm sorry j-joey

joey- ssh just take deep breaths. you didn't do anything i have you now.

ivy- i-it's too h-hard

joey- i know baby just breathe

*i get her to take deep breaths with me and soon enough, she stops freaking out. she starts to pick at her finger nails while i rub her back. i hear my mom come back home and i immediately look at ivy.*

joey- what do you want to do?

ivy- i'll just take a shower. i don't want them seeing me like this..

joey- i'm taking all the pill bottles somewhere else okay?

ivy- please do

joey- don't worry i will princess

ivy- i love you so much baby

joey- i love you more

*we stand up and i take all the pill bottles out of the bathroom. i lay them on her bed and walk back to her. i kiss her softly and wrap my arms around her waist. she wraps her arms around my neck as i hold her in my arms.*

joey- take a warm shower so you can relax

ivy- okay i'll be out in 10 minutes or
so

joey- there's no rush, don't worry about it

ivy- i don't want to leave your family and you downstairs without me

joey- okay i'll see you soon baby

ivy- now get out before i get naked

joey- what if i want to see?

*i giggle from making a joke as she blushes a deep red. i tell her it's a joke and walk out of the bathroom. i smile at her before she shuts the door and turns the water on. i take all the pill bottles off her bed and carry them downstairs to my mom.*

jen- what are those?

joey- pills. i need to see which ones that are necessary and which ones aren't

jen- why what happened?

joey- she's too overwhelmed and i found her in the bathroom holding a bottle. she wants me to take them away so i am.

jen- okay let's start looking through them.

*my mom and i start to read through all labels and that's when i saw them. anti-depressant and anxiety medication.*