Shhhh don't cry (Part 2)

This is continued from the previous part so if you haven't read it please go ahead and read that. I didn't have the publish option if I just added to the orevious story so I am adding it as part 2. Its 2 a.m here and I am tired and this is not edited. So please excuse any errors. Comment and VOTE. :D

Contd.......

“Megan?”

Megan frowned, it seemed like someone was calling her name from a distance.

“Megan...”

She felt light tapping on her face.

“Megan are you alright?”

Megan sat up and looked around her. To her embarrassment she had fainted.

She looked up to see Keith staring at her intently.

“Wh-what happened?”

“You passed out, are you alright?”

“Yes, I am so sorry! I have no idea what happened!”

Liar!  Yelled her inner voice.

“Well maybe the excitement and nervousness of starting at a new place?”

“I guess”

“Come on let’s get you something to eat.” Keith held out a hand to her and Megan smiled and took his hand. She saw Julia standing behind Keith. Julia was glowering at Keith and her hands but the moment Keith turned around she schooled her features to look more pleasant.

Megan looked at her in shock and then realised that maybe Keith and Julia had something going on together. She tried to smile reassuringly but Julia had turned away and was walking outside the washroom.

“How long was I out?”

“20 minutes” said Julia.

Megan inhaled sharply, she hadn’t realised that she had been out cold that long. She failed to understand what had happened. She was sure she had seen her dead best friend creep up on her but now she wasn’t so sure. Maybe she was just tired and her imagination was playing up on her. She shrugged it off and went to the canteen with Keith and Julia. The three of them ate together not talking much. Once or twice Keith would bring up an interesting case and Megan would join in with enthusiasm while Julia would listen.

The days flew by as Megan became acquainted with various doctors, nurses and patients. She was learning a lot. To her horror she had fainted a few more times but luckily it had been in the sanctity of her room. She knew she should get it checked but she didn’t want to jeopardize her new job.

It was in her sixth month at the institute that something terrible happened. A patient of her’s who had suicidal tendencies and was there for therapy had died on her watch. Well not exactly her watch, Keith had found her passed out cold whereas the patient lay there in a pool of her own blood her wrists had been brutally torn open with a ball tip pen.

“Megan what happened?”

Silence.

“Megan?”

Megan took a deep breath and shuddered. Before she had passed out she had seen her friend again and heard the terrible whisper “Shhh don’t cry”

She didn’t know how to explain it to Keith without coming across as crazy.

“I really don’t know Keith. Its like one minute we were talking and the next I was passed out cold”

She winced as her head throbbed.