Shhhhh... Don't cry

SO here's the new story :D I have only uploaded the first half will upload the remaining ASAP. But meanwhile guys I need your vote oon this story. I have entered it in thje WAtty's. Imagine my shock when I saw it was out of the category completely! So please take a second to press the vote button! Ok here's the new story and it is unedited so please excuse any errors ;)

Shhh Don’t cry.

Megan Tanner was filled with anticipation as she packed her last bag. Today she would begin her internship in the state’s numero uno Mental Facility.  After 3 tedious years she had finally got her degree in Clinical psychology. Megan had always been fascinated by the human mind. After three years of diligent studying and research she had graduated. She had topped her class but her happiness was marred by a tragic event. Her roommate, her best friend during her three years at the university was found dead two days before their graduation.

They could not find the actual reason of her death; it was put down to asphyxiation. Megan did believe that her friend had been murdered but the police didn’t think so. It was an accidental death. Megan had been out that night with her boyfriend and when she had returned as she was about to enter her room she had distinctly heard someone say, “Shhh don’t cry”

She had looked around and shrugged it off. She had been partying all night and had too many drinks. Her mind was probably playing tricks on her. She had entered her room quietly and passed out on her bed. When she woke up late in the afternoon her head was pounding. She sighed and welcomed the quietness of the room.

“Telisa?”

She frowned, maybe her friend was out. Megan had her eyes shut against the glare of the sunlight that was filtering in through the window.

She sat up slowly and opened her eyes bit by bit. Nothing could have prepared her for the horrifying sight. There opposite her bed lay her best friend; her eyes open wide as if in fear, her face contorted and blue and her mouth open in a silent scream.

Megan yelled and yelled till she was hoarse. She realised there were tears falling down her cheeks and amidst it all once again she heard the whisper, “Shhh don’t cry” Hearing her scream a lot of girls from the neighbouring dormitories came running to her room. After knocking a few times they entered and were stunned into silence; their questions dying on their lips as they took in the sight of Megan cradling her best friend’s head in her lap.

What happened next was all a blur to Megan. The police and paramedics had arrived. Her friend’s body was zipped up and taken away. Telisa’s parents were notified. The police had a lot of questions to ask Megan but she was incoherent.

“She’s in shock” they said.

Later when she had managed to stop crying because of the sedatives she was given the police tried questioning her again.

“Where were you last night?”

“I was out with my boyfriend”

“Can we get his name and number?”

“Sure”

“So Ms. Tanner what did you see when you came back?”

“I-I was drunk. I passed out on my bed”

“You didn’t notice anything amiss?”

“No, officer I was just so tired I didn’t realise that Telisa was d-dead.”

Her voice broke at the word dead.

“Well according to the reports we have here your friend died around the same time as you left”

Megan’s eyes widened.

“You mean?”

“Yes Ms. Tanner she probably suffocated when you left.”

It was concluded that Telisa died in her sleep because the windows were shut and there had been no ventilation in the room. It happened, it was rare but it happened.

Megan snapped out of her recap as her mother entered her room.

“All set honey?”

“Yeah mom”

“Excited?”

“Yeah!” she answered trying to inject some enthusiasm in her voice.

 In about two hours Megan had reached her destination. She stood staring at the intimidating grey building. This is where I am going to be for the next two years, she said to herself.

“Megan! Lets go”

Megan turned to smile ta her boyfriend Brad. Brad had been so understanding and caring after Telisa’s death. He had been Megan’s rock, he steady ground. Megan hadn’t wanted to trouble her parents so she had asked Brad to drive her to her new home.

If you could call a mental institute a home that is. That was seriously disturbing. She shrugged and walked ahead.

“What’s up babe?”

“Just nervous” said Megan.

“You don’t need to be, you’re gonna rock this internship”

“Thanks Brad” Megan stood on her tiptoes to kiss him.

“Ms. Tanner I am Dr. Kepner and I will be the one you report into.”

“Hi Dr. Kepner, its a pleasure!”

“Well my assistant Julia will show you to your room and around the hospital. We work here 24/7. There are new cases everyday. We have everything under the sun here. Schizophrenia, paranoia, dementia, MPDs... you name it and we have  it. You will get to learn everything. Now I have your references here and they all speak of you in the best of terms. I am sure you’ll enjoy your time here”

“Thank you very much Dr. Kepner”

“You can call me Keith”

Megan smiled at him. Keith then called for his assistant who took Megan to her room and helped her to settle down.

Megan looked around her little room. It was comfortable and cosy. There was a tiny sitting area with a sofa and a television set. Her bedroom had a single window and white walls. The first thing that Megan had done as she entered her bedroom was open the window. She unpacked her bag and put her clothes in her small closet.

“Megan ready to go for the institute’s tour?” asked Julia popping her head inside her room.

“Yeah” smiled Megan.

“This is the conference room” said Julia pointing at a wooden door.

“Where is the washroom?”

“Oh just go down straight and take a right”

“Thanks, I’ll be right back”

As Megan was washing her hands she happened to look up into the mirror and for a minute there she thought there was someone behind her. She turned around, startled; her heart was beating really fast. She turned back taking deep breaths for a moment there she had thought it was Telisa. She had seen a girl in white and her face had been contorted but it had all happened so fast she couldn’t really tell what it was she saw.

Her eyes started tearing like when a person’s eyes do when you feel pure cold terror. She gasped as she heard someone right behind her whisper, “Shhh  don’t cry...”

 A/N: Will upload the rest soon I promise! Meanwhile VOTGE VOTE VOTE! No pressure :) But VOTE   -_-