chapter 1:HOME COMING

"Oh gosh its so good to be back home"said Ariel.
After working for Mrs Landon for 3years it's good to be heading home.It's not that she was a bad boss just that she died of breast cancer at 75. She was the best boss she was like my second grandmother even though I was her PA. That's why in her will she left me her new car and 200,000$.I miss her alot .Its been so long since I saw my brothers I miss them so its kinda good and bad going back but bad cause I will miss my freedom.

As I pack my car I see our restuarant, my mother's pride SALLY'S. It looked in a state of disrepair but it still has this rustic charm going on but there is something niggling at the back of my mind was my mum lying to me about the business going well,I shrug it off and walk into the building.

As I step in the smell of my mum's cooking hits me.So good to be back home am famished already.I step towards the back which is the kitchen on my way greeting the staff most did not know who I was so I just shrugged off their questioning stares.when I get back I see my mum and her assistant chef staring into a pot .I missed her beautiful smile which she used when cooking.

"Mom, suprise am home"I saidshe swirled around and smiled and it was replaced by a frown which changed into a smile again .

"Ariel,Love so good to see you darling .but what are you doing here"sally my mother said.

"And you too Ma but aren't you happy to see me."

"I am but I thought you were PA to that rich lady in Manhattan" she said but trying to hide the concern in her face.

"Mom Mrs Landon died two weeks ago" I said

"oh honey same same good to have you home"she told me but I didn't quite buy it.

"Ma,am going to my room be back down soon to help out"

"Take your time honey "she said to me

"Later Ma"as I left I had this daughter feeling that something was wrong but I just kept on .When I got to my old room it looked thesame except for a few cardboard boxes scattered here and there then I thought "this is gonna be long day"because I had to pack everything back to its orinal and rightful position which would take me well into the night .All I thought of at that moment was "HOME SWEET HOME"

hi thanks for reading my first story