Chapter 27

Skylar froze and she didn't know what to do. She looked at Reign and before he could speak she cut him off.

"I was feeling sad, and Reign was cheering me up, he didn't want me to be sad."

"But why didn't you call me and I would have been here."

"I didn't want to bother you. So you wouldn't come out of class. I mean Reign and I are in the same class, and I lost it a bit."
"Can you leave us alone Reign." Said Jessie.

"Okay....sure."

When Reign left Skylar didn't know what to say to Jessie, should she confess?

"Where have you been Skylar?"
"I was at home."

"Why didn't you reply to my texts and calls? I was so worried about you."

"I know, I just didn't feel like talking to anyone. I was going through some stuff."

"I want to be here for you and I can't be if you won't let me in Skylar."

"I....just needed some time alone Jessie, I needed to clear my head."

"I need to be the person that you seek to escape, I want you when you are going through something to come to me not anyone else."

"I didn't go to anyone, I was by myself."

"No, you went to Reign."

"I didn't go to Reign, he just happened to be there at the right time. We were sent to go get some papers."

"And you felt comfortable enough to hold onto him."

"Can we do this later Jessie, I have the class to attend."

"I guess."
"I promise Jessie we will talk."
Skylar went back to class and took her bag. She would go home early today. She wasn't in the mood and she felt out of breath and tired.

When she got home she went straight to her bed. She didn't open her curtains but went straight to bed, she had to figure out what to do. She wanted to tell Jessie everything that had gone on. She couldn't carry on if she didn't start with honesty and he deserved the truth.

When Friday came, Skylar wanted to tell the truth but she didn't know when the opportunity would arise. She felt as if the day was going by too fast.

When she felt too dizzy, she made her way to the bleachers, she knew that no-one would be there, and she lay down. She felt some wind on her face, and she took a deep breath.

"Skylar."
She jumped when she heard her name being called when she opened her eyes slowly. She didn't know if Reign was there or not.

"Reign."

"What's going on with you Skylar?"

"What do you mean?"

"You seem so out of it. Do you even know that you are here."

"Yes, I do. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you."

"I don't feel like talking Reign."

"I know, I will seat with you then. I won't make a sound."
Skylar felt her head being raised, "What are you doing?"

"Just be still."

Skylar felt her head nestle on a more comfortable pillow, she realized that her head was on his lap.

"You don't need to do this."

"Skylar just sleep, I am here so nothing will happen to you."

Skylar fell asleep,

"What the hell are you guys doing again?"