Terms and Conditions and Contest Official Rules

Introduction

Aisling’s Diary Wattpad Contest is a contest for short stories (“the Contest”). The winner of the competition will have his/her short story published as an extra chapter of Aisling’s Summer Diary as well as the paperback book when available. 

The Contest is operated by CR Entertainment, Ltd
 (trading as beActive International) (“beActive”).

Failure by beActive to enforce any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. beActive reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of the information concerning applicants and to exclude any applicants who submit content that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.

This Contest will run from 10th September 2012 until 30th October 2012.

Eligibility

Aisling’s Diary Wattpad Contest is open to all Wattpad registered users. However, if the winner is 18 years old or younger, beActive will require parental consent to attribute the prize and to verify his/her agreement on the winners’ behalf to the terms and conditions outlined in these Official Rules (the “Rules”).

Submission

The Contest theme is the continuation of Aisling’s Summer Diary. In order to enter the contest each contestant must create a short story with the aforementioned theme with no more than 5000 words. The story must be dedicated to Aisling (@aislingsdiary) and one of the story tags must be “aislingscontest”.

The applications entry period begins at 00:01 a.m. GMT on 10th September 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. GMT on 30th October 2012. (the “Entry Period”).

Applications must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. GMT on 30th October 2012 to be eligible. 

beActive does not take any responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, unusable or unreadable entries, or technical issues with Wattpad. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to keep their details, including contact details, up to date at all times by logging onto their Wattpad profile and maintaining their profile.

Applicants may be required to provide identification and proof of age if selected as a winner.

Applicants must agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the Contest (the “Rules"), which may be varied from time to time by beActive and must further agree that beActive’s decision is final and binding.

Applicants warrant and agree that they will not undertakeor engage in any press, publicity or other discussions with any third party in connection with their application nor shall they be entitled to enter into any commercial agreement or other agreement with any third party in connection with their application.

Winner Selection

Winner’s selection (which will be at the discretion of beActive) will depend on evaluation by the beActive development staff for quality, creativity and feasibility who will evaluate the submitted proposals based on the quality of the submitted story. Votes received by the submitted story will also be taken into account when selecting the winner. beActive will notify and announce the winner on  8th of November 2012.

BeActive’s decision will be final and binding regarding the winning entry.

Prize

The winner of the competition will have his/her short story published as an extra chapter of Aisling’s Summer Diary as well as the paperback book when available. 

Under no circumstances shall the prize exceed the monetary compensation of One Dollar ($1.00).

Submission requirements