Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

"Goodmorning. Guess what day it is?" Taylor said, waking me up. I was pretty tired from staying up and talking all night.

"Hmm." I said still in a daze from my sleep. "My birthday!" I said waking up more. It was in fact September, 11, the day I was born. I was finally a legal adult!

"18 is a big one." Taylor said, acting like he was a lot older than me when in reality he wasn't even going to turn 19 until February.

"Is it now? So...what are we gonna do?" I asked excitedly, I'd always been one of those people who absolutely loved their birthdays.

"I have stuff planned." He replied. I checked the clipboard at the end of Taylor's hospital bed and it showed him getting out today.

"Good news, you can check out today." I told him, smiling brightly.

*At Bailey's Party*

"Thank you so much for planning this guys, I love it." I told the guys and Kaylen. The jacks flew out to LA, along with Sammy and Dillon.

Cam, Nash, Kaylen, and Matthew had strung white Christmas lights all along the balcony and got a metal wire fire pit so we could have a 'campfire' they even hung Chinese lanterns along the edge of the balcony and there were all sorts of balloons, sweets, and presents on the kitchen counter and table.

A bunch of big viners came over, like Curtis Lepore, Bach, the Johns brothers, Jake and Logan Paul, Brittany Furlan, Alx James, etc. My mom and big sister Sierra drove out too.

It was a perfect party considering I had told everyone months before that I didn't want a big blowout party at all. We tried that for my 16th birthday party and I found it wasn't as fun as a small one with family and friends.

At about 12:30 everyone left, and it was just me, Taylor(and all his broken bones), cam, Kaylen, Nash, Jack, Jack, Sammy, Dillon, and Matthew. Matthew and I hadn't really talked much tonight. It was hard to deny our feelings for each other but what do you do in that situation?

"Thanks again guys. For everything. This was an amazing party and I owe it all to you guys." I said.

After a while of just sitting on the balcony with the crew I went inside the apartment to get a cup of nighttime tea, that's what I drank every night.

I was dipping the tea bag when I felt a hand grab mine. I turned to see Matthew standing there with sorry eyes.

"I don't want it to be like this." He said. I didn't reply at first, I wasn't sure what to say.

"Neither do I. "

"I don't want to lose you either. You know I love you. All those times we've had, we can't throw them away! At least I can't. They mean to much to me, you mean too much to me." Matt said again.

"I agree Matthew. I love you too, I wish this never happened but we have to make the best of it. I think we both know what needs to happen here. Friends?" I replied.

"Friends." Matt agreed and pulled me into a tight hug. He exited back out to the balcony and I continued brewing my tea.

"Sup lil' momma?" Sammy joked as he walked up to me.

"Happy birthday, child." He continued.

"Thanks Samuel. I missed you!" I said, pulling him in for a hug.

"Oh I missed you too! Remember magcon Chicago?" He said, laughing slightly.

"Of course I do." I replied, laughing as well. "We have some good memories. I just wish we could make more! I feel like I never see you anymore."

"I know god it really does. I hope you had a good birthday." He said.

"I did, thanks sam." I replied and smiled at him. I finished brewing my tea and walked back outside with Sammy. I took my seat by Taylor.

"How's it goin, crippled?" I teased him.

"Just fine, thanks birthday girl." He replied. I took a sip of me tea and tuned into the conversation everyone else seemed to be having.

********

Not wanting to drive all the way back to Hollywood, Taylor stayed the night at the apartment. Due to the lack of sleeping space, we built a fort in the living room and slept on the floor. We stayed up telling bedtime stories all night, and finally passed out in the morning.

**after moving to hollywood**

I had finally finished unpacking all my stuff and I was starting to get comfortable in my new environment.

"Let's order Chinese." Taylor yelled from the entertainment area into the kitchen where I was.

"No it's okay I can just make something for us to eat." I replied, it wasn't a huge deal, I always cooked at the old apartment.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Hell yeah I'm sure! What do you want? I could make spaghetti." I said, looking through the cupboards looking for ingredients. I was surprised Taylor even had food and he didn't just eat out every night.

"Sounds good babe." He said.

"K babe." I replied, mocking him.

I filled up a large pot of water and turned the stove burner on high to start boiling the water for the noodles.

It was pretty late to be eating dinner, almost 11:30 pm. I was opening the box of spaghetti noodles up when I felt Taylor touch my waist lightly.

He just silently leaned his back against the counter beside me, staring at me intently.

"Do you need something?" I asked, teasing him.

"Ohh I get it this is the cute scene in the movie where the guy gets the girl all wet" I said. Taylor just smiled in response.

"Well you know what never happens in those movies?" I asked.

"What's that?" He answered.

"This!" I replied, and dumped the entire pot of unboiled water onto him.

"Hey!" He yelled. I just giggled and set the pot down, proud of myself. Taylor swept his hands under my legs and picked me up, slinging me over his shoulder like he was Santa and I was his bag full of presents.

"Put me down!" I demanded playfully.

"Apologize!" He replied.

"Never!" I said back, beating on his back. He carried me all the way to the bathroom and set me in the tub.

"Taylor don't you dare!" Yelled, and blocked my face with my hands.

Taylor took the detachable shower nozzle and sprayed me, soaking my clothes and hair. Taking the nozzle from him, I did the same, soaking him even more than I had before.

"Well look now you've made a mess." Taylor said, laughing and pointed at the water covered tile floors. I couldn't stop staring at his well defined muscles through his wet white t shirt.

"I missed you. " I said.

"I missed you too." He replied, and then crashed his lips into mine.

*******