New Year's Love

I know, haven't updated in a long time. Left with the big question, then forgot about it. Great to see those of you who haven't given up on me yet. Thank you for entertaining me with all the notifications.

The plan is that the next chapter will be the last. So buckle up, buttercup. The emotion train is rolling into the station. It's not stopping. You're gonna die.

As your reward, this is where the mature warning and Smut come into play. Yay!

Maybe

"Draco."

"Yes, dear?"

"What happened in here?"

"I don't know what you mean."

Harry was doing his best not to throw something at the git.

Draco was sat, cross-legged, in the middle of the bed - the double bed that had been transfigured out of the two beds previously occupying the room. Draco himself was pouring over a Potions book, parchment balanced on a stack of books, inkpot levitating beside him as he sucked on the end of his quill.

"There's one bed."

"Excellent observational powers, Potter. How did I ever doubt you?"

"Are we sharing a bed?"

"No, you're sleeping on the floor. What do you think?"

"I thought you hated when I did my homework on the bed."

"I do."

"You said I spill ink all over the place."

"You do. I, however, am proficient in a charm which allows this bottle," he tapped his quill against the bottle, "to levitate exactly eighteen inches above any surface. It will only stop when the correct counter-charm is cast."

Harry could only stare as Draco continued to work, taking notes as if everything was normal.

"I was thinking we could go on a date."

That got Draco's attention. But he wasn't going to show it.

"Is that all?" He baited, waiting for the reaction he knew he could get.

"Is that all? Draco, last time I checked, when you date someone, it includes actually going on dates."

Draco had to do his best not to smirk - Merlin he was enjoying himself.

"Well, perhaps if you proposed something entertaining you could entice me."

Well, that was just a challenge, wasn't it?

***

Draco had to admit that when Harry put his mind to something, he went all-out.

He had spent the days after Christmas sat with Hermione and Ginny, seemingly plotting something. Hermione had a colour-coded chart. Ginny laughed whenever Harry spoke.

Then it was New Year's Eve. Hermione was talking about everyone going to the Leaky for a party - the same get-together Harry had spoken about.

Harry and Draco were the last to go through the apparition point - only they didn't go to Diagon Alley.

Harry had taken him a little further - all the way to the Italian coast.

"Harry! What in Merlin's name have you done?"

"Easy," he replied, pulling him forward by the hand. "I'm taking you on a date. The trick is not telling you, that way you can't argue."

Draco wished he could argue with the logic, but he had to admit that Potter had guessed his plan rather spectacularly.