Chapter 26

I woke up this morning and nearly jumped out of my skin. All the boys were hovered over me smiling suspiciously.

"Uhh..What's going on?" I asked still half asleep.

"Don't tell me you don't know what today is?" Wes frowned.

"Is it something important?" I questioned.

"Uhh yeah kinda."

"Oh my god, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!" yelled Landon.

"What? Today? I totally forgot." I said, slightly embarrassed that I had forgotten the very day I was born.

"We got you something special." grinned Seth, "Come see it!" I stumbled out of bed and followed them to the kitchen table.

"Ok, so we know how much you like to read, but there's nowhere to store your books. So yesterday when you were at the bridal shop I called a guy and got this put in for you!" Wesley gestured to the wall.

"What is it?" I asked, confused by the blank space. Wesley flipped a switch on the wall and a panel slid open revealing shelves pack with books.

"Oh my gosh, what?! How did you do that?!" I shrieked.

"Oh I know a guy." Wes said smugly.

"Thank you so much! I love it!" I hugged all the boys individually.

Our heartfelt moment was broken by the sound of thousands of people singing outside the bus.

"What is that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh" said Seth, "I might have tweeted something telling everyone to meet outside our bus to sing happy birthday..." I ran to the window and slid it open. A thousand girls, half of them screaming, half of them singing. I threw my hand over my mouth.

"It seems like everyone remembered my birthday except me." I laughed.

"And that's not even the best part!" wailed Wesley. "Tonight you and I are going to indulge in the most fancy, elite restaurant the world has ever seen." He explained.

I spent the rest of my day exploring the endless variety of books in my newly placed book selves. There was everything from The Notebook to Flowers In The Attic, which just so happened to be two of my favorites. I'd carefully select a book and hide away in my bunk until I finished. About seven o'clock the bunk curtain flew open,

"That's enough reading for today." sighed Wesley as he grabbed the book from my clutch, "It's time to get ready for our very fancy dinner." He furrowed his brow and helped me out of the bunk. I headed to the closet and picked out a dress. I looked in the mirror and shook my head.

'No' I thought to myself, 'Weslet said it was very fancy, this is too casual'

I tried on dress after dress, but nothing seemed to be right. Someone knocked on the bathroom door as I was trying on yet another dress.

"Come in." I murmured pulling the dress back on.

"I saw you were having some trouble." said Landon, "would this help?" He asked, opening the door further to reveal and little black dress, decked out in sequins.

"Why do I get the feeling you planned this?" I asked.

"Maybe cause I did." he laughed and handed me the dress. I put on the dress and as I went to open the bathroom door I head Carter, Seth, and Landon announce.

"Wesley Fletcher Ashworth, we present to you, your lovely date for the night!" They opened the door and I stepped out. I was a bit embarrassed so I put my head down to hide the blood flushing my cheeks.

"Wow, you look stunning" said Wes offering me his arm. He had on his black suit with a very nice black bow tie to match my dress.

We arrived at the restaurant and it was by far the most fancy place I had ever been. The long lobby was carpeted with wine colored rugs and golden chandeliers lit the room. I looked around marveling at the fancy decor.

"Table for Mr. and Mrs. Ashworth?" The clerk asked.

"Oh well, I'm not Mrs.Ashworth" I joked.

"Not yet anyway." Wes laughed, winking at me. We got seated and I looked at the menu, I saw nothing I recognized.

"Ash, do you know what any of this is?" I whispered.

"Not a clue." His eyes widened as he looked at the words. "What do you say we skip out of here and head to mcdonalds?" He asked.

"Serious? dressed like this?" I laughed "I love it."

So we quietly gathered our things and snuck out the back door before our waiter could even take our order.

We laughed as we walked down the street hand in hand.

"Your insane, you know that right?" I poked.

"Yeah but that's why you love me." He said kissing my head.

"Yeah, I guess I kinda do love you. I guess I always have."

"Guess I always will." Ash finished.

And with that we were on our way to our very fancy birthday dinner at Mcdonalds.