I | Bringing the Nation's Husband Home

After three months of filming 'To the End of Time', the television drama successfully ended. The whole crew erupted in joy, the happiest being the director. He picked up his phone and generously booked a hotel, treating the whole crew to a celebratory meal. 

'To the End of Time' ended around 3 pm in the afternoon. The technical crew needed to pack up their equipment and the actors needed to remove their makeup and change, hence the celebratory meal was set at night, around 8 pm.

Alexander had been in Rome all that time due to the filming of his new movie. Using the limited two day break in-between his tight schedule, he returned to settle sudden issues arisen in the company.

Due to the time constraint, he barely had any time to rest from the long flight. Right after landing in the international airport, he went straight to the company.

Without wasting time, the meeting started the minute he entered. The board had already gathered and was waiting for his arrival. 

The meeting lasted from 3 pm in the afternoon all the way till 6 pm at night. His assistant followed him into his office.

"Mr. Smith, I've already booked the 12 am flight to Rome. After landing, you can rest up to fifteen hours before your next scene."

After the long flight and a meeting that lasted the whole afternoon, Alexander looked exhausted. Sitting in his office, he casually took out the phone he had on silent while listening to his assistant report his schedule.

Just as he was about to lock his phone, a message came in. He smoothly clicked it open, " 'To the End of Time' filming completed. There'll be a celebratory banquet tonight at 8 pm in Mount hotel. Do drop by if you have the time!"

Alexander stared at the message for about five seconds before lifting his head indifferently. He nodded towards his assistant, acknowledging his report. 

His assistant had been working for him for many years, hence he was well acquainted with his boss' aloof personality. Unperturbed by his lack of concern, he continued, "Mr. Smith, there are about six hours before the airplane takes off. Would you like to have dinner in the city or at the airport?"

"In the city," he replied faintly. Before his assistant could ask about the location, he continued, " Mount hotel."

When Alexander and his assistant finished their meal, it was already 8.30 pm. They footed the bill before proceeding to the main door. Just as they reached it, Alex stopped.

His assistant stopped immediately as well. "Mr Smith, is something wrong?"

Alexander remained silent for awhile and just when his assistant was started debating whether or not to repeat the question, he replied, "Wait for me in the car, I have something to do upstairs."

He stood at the main door for a few more seconds before turning towards the lift. 

~*~

As part of the crew in 'To the End of Time', Isabelle was naturally at the dinner. The minute she reached the city, she had hurriedly bathed, changed her clothes, done her hair, and applied light makeup before rushing to Mount hotel. Despite preparing in record time, she was still late for the dinner. When she reached, 'To the End of Time' director was already on the stage, addressing the crowd, expressing his gratitude.

Since everyone was focused on the director, no one noticed Isabelle's late arrival. She stood in the crowd, looking around before making a beeline for her manager Camila.

After the director's brief speech, the dinner began.

Since it was a banquet, socializing and alcohol were customary.