Chapter 12

After what seems like forever, he finally breaks the silence between us. "How long have you been...?" I just sit there,not knowing what to say. Should I go ahead and tell him? He might say something to the school counselor.

"Dani... I promise I won't tell anyone." I sighed. "I used to 'self harm'..." He looked concerned.. "For...how long?" I couldn't remember so I just shrugged. "But you don't anymore?" I gave him a single nod. "Then why do you still wear long sleeved shirts and jackets..?" I shrugged. "I feel comfortable in them.."

My last 3 classes of the day are the only classes that I don't have with Hunter. Which is kind of sad but kind of relieving.

School finally ended for the day and as I was walking out of the classroom, Hunter was waiting by the door. 'Hey." I quietly said,trying to be polite. "Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today.'' "I.. I don't think I can. I have to ask my parents." He smiled slightly. "Need to call them?"

I shook my head yes and he gave me his phone. I carefully dialed my mom's number and patiently waited for an answer. "Hello?" I sighed. "Hey mom. It's Kate. I was wondering if I could go do some homework with a...friend."

"Who?" she asked impatiently. "Hunter. He's new here." It was quiet for a couple of minutes. "Is his parents going to be there?" I looked worriedly at Hunter and placed my hand over the speaker. "Is your parents going to be there?" He chuckled some. "Yeah." I moved my hand off of the speaker. "Yeah."

She didn't say anything for another couple of minutes. "Sure. Be home at 8:45. Don't be late." I was surprised. "Okay.'' She hung up and I gave Hunter back his phone. "She said that I could go. Gotta be home at 8:45." He gave a thumbs up.

We walked in silence for most of the walk to the parking lot. When we got to the double doors,he stopped and looked at me. "Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "How long have you...?" I knew what he was talking about. "I-" He puts his hands up in defense. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to,but I just want to let you know that I want to be your friend." I think about whether or not if I should trust him. I turn and push the door open and slowly walk out it.