Over The Hill

This chapter is a little different to my previous ones. Hope you like it though <3.

Diana's POV

It has been two days since I saw the girls. And it has been a long two days. I always feel like days drag on and on when you are not enjoying them but when you have a good time, time flies. How I wish it was the other way around. I was making my way to the tree right now, as we are all supposed to meet there.

The two days have been filled with more training, and my parents are trying to get me to court someone. Despite my protest, they are still looking for someone I can marry. I tried to shut it down, make my parents stop looking because I was going to refuse everyone either way, but they wouldn't listen. It started again after training day. My mother and I were recapping how to have a good posture and sit and stand (for the hundredth time). While I was practicing (again), my mother casually brought up the subject saying, "You know, your father and I met this bloke while you were away yesterday, and he seemed like an awful nice fellow. We might have an attempt to maybe bring you two together?" And that is when I got furious inside. If I had showed my anger to my mother, I would have had a heated argument about not being a proper lady. I wish she listened to me the last time I asked not to court so young. However, I didn't show my anger and I didn't reply either. So, unfortunately for me, I had to meet the bloke. As my mother said, he was rather charming, and handsome. In fact, he looked like mine and Anne's handsome ideal we used to dream about when we were younger. I believe his name was Roy, Royal? I forgot, I have met too many men to remember names now. Anyways, he asked if I could marry him and I refused. My parents were raged afterwards. Apparently I was being ungrateful and refusing too many people. Why can't they just listen to me when I say I don't want to court, then none of this would have happened!

I thought about the daydream I had two days ago when I was coming back home. And I was thinking about it now as I was making my way to the old tree. About how I wished I can love someone and they would love me back. How it would be so lovely. Of course I shouldn't be thinking about such things, it's terribly wicked! I can't stop myself though. It's seems so awfully romantic. One day, maybe I'll love someone and they will love me back. Just like Anne and Gilbert do. They may not realise it yet (maybe only Anne), but their story is ideal love story. It will have it's twist and turns I am sure, but in the end it will be a tragical romance. Which is why they need another starting point, even though they are friends. Which is why I hope our plan works.

Anne's POV

I was looking out of my east gable window, thinking about the past few days. My meeting up with the girls, my study session with Gilbert. That was very fun. Although I will never truly understand Geometry, Gilbert helped me just a little bit. And I helped him with English, just because I am better than him. However, what I truly enjoyed about the session was the company he gave me. It is truly lonely studying on my own however with a kindred spirit with me, it makes it a lot more easier to keep on going. Especially since he was my rival, it motivates me to keep on going with the work.

I looked at the time, and then I realised the girls and I had to meet up today for the story competition. So I quickly wore my hat and took the story, and left towards the tree where we are supposed to meet up. 

Ruby's POV

I was thinking about the past two days, and when I was supposed to meet up with the girls. How happy and carefree we all were. I enjoyed that the most. These two days dragged on so slowly. Although I have a lot of time to myself, I found it quite bore some with nothing to do. Sure I did  my chores around the house, but other than that I have found nothing to do. So I decided to try reading Jane Eyre. As soon as I started it, I realised I had to meet up the girls at the tree. I quickly wore my hat and grabbed the story I had written, and rushed out of the house. I only had one thought in mind the whole way: is the plan going to work?

Jane's POV

My mind was occupied with the thoughts of the past two days. How the girls and I met up, as gay as ever. All of our worries flew away in those few hours we had together. Since then, all I have had is worries. Billy is very occupied with the farm work, and we are afraid he is overworking himself. While my sister, Gracie, was awfully ill. She is recovering slowly however we still fear for her. We are fearing for both of them just now, however Gracie is recovering and Billy is not looking as tired as he was a few days ago. So those are good signs. While thinking about this, I looked at the time and realised that I am supposed to meet with the girls soon. So I quickly got my hat and story, and quickly left my big household. As I was leaving I remembered something. And was fearful for that as well, is our plan going to work?

Third Person POV

As all four girls were walking over the hill, they spotted each other and ran towards each other, bumping head first and fell on the ground, laughing.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys please comment your thoughts. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks <3. 

And also, what do you think is the plan?