04

Callie

The next day, Charlie and I got up early and left for practice with our friends. Coach was there early too. He said that he had a huge announcement which was Mr. Ducksworth getting us new hockey gear! We all cheered in joy. New gear! It was exactly what all of us needed if we were expected to become an actual hockey team. Now I'm really starting to love hockey more.

When we got to the store, we were really noisy and we tried out everything we saw. Charlie and I checked everything out together.

"Hey, let's check out the hockey sticks!" Charlie smiled.

"You bet!" I smiled back as I followed him to the rack of hockey sticks. "Woah! Look at these babies!"

"I know! They're amazing!" Charlie gasped. He ran his fingers through them and when he saw one he liked, he pulled it out of the rack and I did too.

But when we pulled them out, all the other hockey sticks fell. All of it! We just pretended as if nothing happened then walked away awkwardly. Once we got a bit far, we started laughing.

"Nice one, Conway!" Charlie laughed.

"Hey, I'm not the only Conway here!" I laughed. We high-fived and went to different areas of the shop.

I looked at the pads, gloves, skates and a helmet. I got all the pads that fit me, a pair of gloves that looked and fit perfectly, these awesome skates, and the nicest helmet I've seen! I also got some shorts and a jersey. Of course I couldn't forget my very first hockey stick too, could I?

We put all our shopped gear on the counter and Mr. Ducksworth paid for all of them. Talk about having all the money! When we finished shopping, we thanked him and coach and got all the things we got for ourselves.

"What did you get?" I asked.

"Skates, of course. Pads, helmet, stick. Pretty much the same stuff you got." Charlie said.

"Coach is making up for it. He's being kinder now." I smiled.

"Yup. Sure is. I can't wait to start training with this 'new' coach." Charlie chuckled.

"You betcha!" I smiled.

We had practice afterwards so we get to use our new gear right away. I couldn't help but think of the possibilities of actually taking hockey as seriously as Charlie did.

Maybe I could play just as well as him. Maybe I could actually go against boys and be better and tougher than them. Maybe I could play against international teams. Maybe I could do varsity in high school and then move on to collegiate hockey. Maybe I could end up coaching like Coach Bombay. Maybe I could actually make a career out of this.

Maybe... Maybe... Maybe...

"Callie!" Charlie yelled. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts. I looked forward then bumped into a glass wall and fell on my bum. Charlie came after me and laughed before helping me up.

"You're such a clutz!" He laughed.

"Like you're not." I laughed too.

We walked into an ice rink and it looked beautiful. As we got in we saw kids skating. "Anybody know who they are?" Coach asked in the hopes that we knew a least one of the kids. The girl looked familiar. I've probably seen her around school once or twice.

"That's Tommy Duncan, he's in my science class. And that's his sister, Tammy." Terry answered.

"Think they'd want to play hockey with us?" Coach asked. We all agreed.

"Go get dressed, I'll do the negotiating." Coach said. We went to the locker room and got changed. We finally get to use our new gear!

"Things are looking up, Charlie!" I nudged my brother with a smile as we walked to the locker room.

"They sure are, Callie." He smiled back as he swung his arm around me. Looks like District 5 Hockey is going to dominate sooner than we all thought!

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

im still debating on whether i'll post the next chapter or not. i've already got it ready and this chapter seems cut short. hang tight for the next one coming soon