Chapter 39

Gabriel

''So she called you? What did she have to say?'' Kyle asked me as we walked through the mall. I shrugged my shoulders, looking over to him with a soft smile on my lips.

''She apologized. Can you believe that shit?'' I told him. His jaw dropped dramatically as he placed a hand over his heart, gazing over at me with a look of disbelief in his eyes. I shook my head at the gesture, crossing my arms across my chest as I broke my gaze away from him.

Kyle and I were at a mall in Vegas. Kyle told me that he wanted to buy something for Caleb- and apparently, I was the only one who could help him out. I obviously didn't mind, it was cute that he was taking this much of an effort for their two months.

''Yeah. Luke and I are gonna visit her when we get back next week. She's really changed a lot-''

''You better not get your ass hurt again. I don't care if yall aren't fuckin' anymore, she can still hurt you as a friend-''

''Trust me. She's not like that anymore. I'm not dumb.''

I would have told him what she's going through, but... that's not my story to tell. I bet it was hard enough for her to tell me herself.

We walked into spencers, Kyle's eyes immediately lighting up at the sight of the weed merch on the wall. He pointed to it, bringing my attention to it.

''Do you think Caleb would like that?''

''I think YOU like it.''

He crossed his arms across his chest as the words left my mouth, the both of us walking deeper into the spencers. He took a deep breath, his pale skin growing a blush before speaking.

''Well, what do you think I should get him? I don't want to get him a goddamn mug or something! I wanna get him somethin' that will blow him away! Something that will make him so happy he will cry!-''

''I don't think you're gonna have luck finding something here.''

''You'd be surprised, bro.''

I've known Caleb for a while. I actually knew him from way before he started to transition when we were younger teenagers. I was the first person he came to when he needed help with it.

He wasn't scared over the fact his parents might not support him. He knew that his parents would accept him no matter what- and I knew that too. He was already out as bisexual at the time with a girlfriend. It wasn't a fake, uncomfortable kind of support too like a lot of parents do. They would encourage him to bring his girlfriend over and invite her on family vacations. His mother was bisexual herself.

He was scared that maybe he wasn't actually transgender. It's normal for a lot of transgender people to feel like that. Maybe they should just stay the gender they were born with and call it a day- which isn't what they should do.

Through a lot of talking and time... he finally came out. I was never more proud of him in my life. He continues to amaze me with how strong he is.

''Why don't you get him a few shirts and a dildo or some shit? It's not like it's a year anniversary. Just keep it on the low.''

''Alright, bro.''

I wasn't serious about the dildo.

He got the dildo.