Chapter 7: Breakfast

Turns out. I was so freaking tired and stressed from today’s earlier events, I had fallen asleep in my clothes. 

I would have slept for so much longer if it weren’t for my RDA buzzing constantly. It was as if to say, Wake up! Wake up now! People want to talk to you!  

I failed to find my RDA with my eyes half closed, and I managed to knock it off of the table instead. I groaned and picked it up.

Turning it on, I saw a mess of notifications. All from the team.

{ZoeyF} Where are you?!

{IndigoM} Alex? Are you there? We’re searching for you, you’re not in the mess hall and we’re a bit worried.

{MaxA}  Alex please. Call one of us when you see this.

{KikiN} Alex? Please give us a call when you read this. Something’s happened at dinner and we all need to talk.

“God, what the heck did I miss?” I mumbled to myself.  “It’s still the day of the, oh.” I saw the date on the RDA and saw it was the day after the mission. I had slept through dinner, all the way to the next morning.  “I need to message the guys.”

{AlexR} Guys? I saw your messages, what the heck happened?

I waited for a response, and seconds later, my RDA was flooded.

{ZoeyF}  ALEX?!

{ZoeyF} THANK THE GODS YOU ARE OKAY!

{ZoeyF} BAD STUFF WENT DOWN

{ZoeyF} REALLY BAD STUFF

{KikiN} Zoey, calm down. Alex, answer this call you’re going to see on your RDA.

{AlexR} Will do.

My RDA began to ring, and I tapped on a button labeled answer.

“Hey.” I said, pushing a button that said speaker.

“Alex?! Oh god, is it ever good to hear your voice!” Max said excitedly.

“Same here,” Indigo added.

“Where in the heck have you been?!” Zoey said panicked. “I was worried sick!”

“Sorry to stress you guys out. What did I miss?” I asked.

“Oh not much, just freaking everything!” Zoey said in a panic. 

“What Zoey is trying to say is that Kai made a small announcement last night about what happened and said he’s going to talk about more at breakfast.” Kiki explained.

“Basically, people are pissed at us and I have to put out an electrical shield where ever we go together. Including breakfast. I’m going to go and get Max while Zoey and Kiki come to your room okay Alex? Just wait there till I get there before you walk out.” Indigo explained. 

“Alright, is this really necessary though?” I asked.

“Yeah. It is.” Indigo replied with a sigh. The call suddenly ended and I tossed my RDA onto the bed.

God, I honestly wonder why we’re being targeted all of the sudden. Things are not working out well for us here and it’s only my second day!