It's 5 O'clock Somewhere

( This seems kind of rushed in my opinion, and I decided to try a new style of writing for this split perspective story. Make sure to tell me if you enjoy this style of writing or think I should abandon it. Hopefully that doesn't detract anything from the chapter, despite the lack of extraneous gore. That kind of writing I am saving for the next few chapters, sorry, but this chapter is more of a little bit of an introduction. It also came to my attention that I didn't quite phrase the ending of the last chapter right, and has since been fixed. Noble Six can't come close to the Slayer's power level on his own, but there will be necessary plot twist to sort of fix this later. Until then you'll just have to wait and find out.)

As the plasma dagger slowly descended towards his face, Six felt at peace. Despite his countless years of combatting militia groups and erasing those that ONI and the UNSC wanted gone, his most fulfilling battles had been fought here, for Reach. He would happily die here knowing that he had accomplished everything his team had died for. The only thing the Spartan regretted was no being able to take more of these Covie bastards down with him. He closed his eyes and awaited the killing blow. It was time to go rejoin his team.

While that never came, the loud discharge of a shotgun did, causing Six's teeth to rattle in his head and his ears to ring. He could feel the alien blood splatter all over the side of his face as he opened his eyes to greet whoever had just intervened. Holding onto an antiquated double barrel shotgun was an armored figure, who Six believed to be a surviving Spartan. The only problem with this theory was the armor that the figure wore, which was far bulkier than any Mjolnir power armor that he had ever seen. The shotgun also seemed out of the regulation for a Spartan, but Six had been gifted a second chance, and there was only one thing that a Spartan was trained to do.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Slayer lowered his super shotgun and looked down at the man before him. Covering the man's body was a suit that somewhat resembled the Praetor, with a similar helmet laying in the dirt beside him. The man's blue eyes stared back up at him, and the Slayer returned the man's steady gaze through his visor. The super shotgun fell limp at the Slayer's side, his unoccupied hand reaching down towards the soldier. His gesture was returned, the soldier's gauntleted hand wrapping around the Slayer's own.

The Slayer pulled the man to his feet, a harsh whistle interrupting the momentary silence. The Beam rifle's projectile dissipated as it crashed into the mighty wall that was the Slayer, leaving no trace that the projectile had even made contact. A pang of rage struck the Slayer at this act, but he reigned it in just long enough to detach the sidearm from his hip and offer it to the man. The soldier grinned as he wrapped his hand around the grip of the powerful handgun, nodding to Slayer. He understood what must be done.

Turning slowly to face these odd creatures, the Slayer ejected the spent shells from his shotgun and slapped in two more. The hesitance from these creatures was easily perceptible as the large split jawed ones stepped towards him when their subordinates would not. One pointed a slim finger at him and roared, spurring the others to action.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Six took advantage of the alien's shock and looked over the weapon handed to him by the armored stranger. It was clearly a handgun of some kind, but it was like nothing Six had ever encountered before. There was no magazine he could find, and no ammo counter was present. Six peered over at the man, watching as he stood before the incursion force that had wiped this planet out. Just who was he? His shotgun had blown through the shields of the Elite, vaporizing both it's head and upper shoulders completely. His armor had no direct shielding, yet he had just taken a solid hit from plasma based weaponry without a scratch, not to mention how calm he was while reloading his gun. Why would ONI even bother sending him here if the had assets like this at their fingertips?