14

Chris was over, leaning against her car. She stepped out a sorrowful smile on her face. "Hey." He greeted. "Hey you." She smiled, hugging him tightly. "I ain't seen you in a minute." He rubbed his neck, blushing. "Yeah. A whole three weeks." She snorted, him laughing. "Me and Zo are settling down. I think I wanna make this work wit her." She nodded, "Letting me go." She confirmed. "It's for the best. You deserve safety." He nodded, agreeing with her. "Not sayin' I'on't love you. Cause I do. Jus' your life and mine can longer coexist you know." She smiled, a tear dropping. "I never thought I'd had to let you go." She sighed. They hug tightly, exchanging a single kiss. "Treat her great, like you have me." He let out a soft laugh. "Even better." He looked to his feet, then back to her, "I hope it works out for you, finding true love and happiness Christian." She told him. "Same goes to you, Sinai." He turned to his car, her stepping on her porch and turned around. Tires screeched, and she looked confused, Sonny's hand holding a piece and pointing it at Chris, and firing twice. Her heart stopped, watching him fall to ground. "Chris!" She screamed, hands shaking as she called the police, having his unconscious body in her lap. Tears blurred her vision as she waited for the ambulance, the neighborhood all stepping out to see what happened. Lucho stepped out from Huncho's place, running towards her as her body racked and sobbed. "Chris!"

"What fuck happened?" Lucho asked her as they sped to the hospital. "Sonny! He-he came out of no where!" As he pulled into the hospital, they had to wait. She sobbed into Lucho's body, his arms around her, rubbing her body comfortingly. "I gotchu ma. I gotchu." Huncho stepped in, "Lucho, go home and handle Sonny." Lucho shot his head up, "I'll handle that vato later man. She need me." Huncho appointed a look and Lucho stood, telling her he'd be back.

"Sonny!" His name echooed as the neighbors all stood outside, looking at the two vatos in the center of the cul-de-sac. "Why the fuck you light him up?" Lucho asked.

"Nigga deserved it for bein' smart wit me and for tryna come between me and wifey." He crossed his arms. "So two points, one for each reason."

Lucho's blood boiled, him taking the first hit at Sonny's jaw. Sonny looked back, Lucho throwing another punch at his lip, and then his eye and eventually kicking him to the ground. Sonny mustered some strength to hit Lucho back in the jaw, but Lucho straddled him, going from left to right. He had a mean right hook, but his left was just as dangerous. Lucho stood and kicked Sonny in the side, kneeling back to punch his eye, Tiago and Fenz pulling the stressed guy off of his best friend, blood trickled his scarred knuckles, Sonny laying on the asphalt riddled in pain, bruised and swollen, "She loves him! The fuck is wrong wit you?" He yelled. "She gon always have love for that nigga, like him or not, not our place nigga. But you always gotta make shit bout you."

Lucho kicked his side again. "I'm sick of yo ass. I put up wit yo shit like a bitch and have been fa years. I'm ti'ed nigga."

Sonny coughed up blood, spitting it to the side, listening to his friend. "Yes nigga. Me and her been fuckin' for good minute. Goin' on whole fuckin' year of us fuckin' g. She love a nigga and shit. And there ain't shit you can do about it. Don't see why you bragged bout hittin' it once, when I been hittin' that ass. Insulting ha shit like she average. But fuck what you say,...that's my soaker, on Jesus homey."

That made Sonny feel a twinge in his spirit.

"Even when she run away wit yo bitchass, cos she will, she ain't gon ever throw me in the trash. I'm here to stay bitch." And a final kick he got into his car and sped back to the hospital, somehow calmer than what he was. Sonny drifted in and out of consciousness, his brothers helping him up and inside. "It's bout time somebody knock that nigga off his high horse." Tiago muttered. "Had to be his homie though," Fenz agreed.

"Y'all hear somethin' yet?" He came in with bruised knuckles but otherwise unscathed. Her eyes lift to him, her shaking her head, sobbing again. "He's on life support. He flatlined." She told, him holding her close. "Handle it?" Huncho asked. "Handled." Lucho nodded, her frail body held onto him for dear life.