That one night

Josephinas POV:

Four month have past.
I started university and everything feels fine.
But yet I feel a weird feeling in my stomach.
Something oppressive. I can't describe it perfectly.
But anyway, may I introduce myself?
I'm Josephina I'm 19 and I moved from Canada to London a few month ago to study in Oxford.
Yeah that's a huuuge honor and a massive chance that I got into this elite university.
I'm studying journalism.
It's one of my biggest dreams to travel around the world and report about the things that move the world.
Plus interviewing famous and popular people.

I lay on my bed in front of my notebook with my legs bent.
I have to finish an essay due tomorrow but I just can't concentrate.
I look at my phone screen and see nothing but my lock screen.
I expected a message from my boyfriend but he's been acting weird since I moved here.
I think that's probably the reason why I feel weird.
I think 20 minutes pass until I sigh and frustratedly close the notebook.
I have to finish it tomorrow morning on the way to the university. One of the good things that I live at the other end of London. I'll have enough time.
My thoughts are going wild in my head until I fall in a restless sleep.

The next morning.
I move out of my bed as if I were a robot.
As if I were remotely controlled I brush my teeth, put my coziest clothes on, brush my long wavy and black hair and grab my bag with my stuff to go to the bus station.
I hate it to stand up early.
I just need a cup of coffee to start the day.

I finished my essay on time and handed it to my professor.

I sit in the last lecture as I suddenly feel my phone vibrating.
It's a message from my bf.
Finally he reminds that I'm still existing as well. I roll my eyes and decide to read the message after the lecture. I can't let myself get distracted. And I'm too stubborn to answer directly. He can wait.
And yeah maybe I'm a little bit pissed. But I have the right to be that. I think.
He's ignoring my texts since a week now.
And I kinda have a bad feeling about it.

I say goodbye to my friends whom I met the last month since university started.
Actually, I also became best friends with one of the girls in this short time.
I ask her if she wants to hang out this evening. Since we are finished with our last essay and we've got semester vacations now we have a lot of time.
Unfortunately she said that she does not have time.

I give her a hug and she promises me that we are moving it to another day.

I walk out of the campus to a park and sit down on a bench.
I grab my phone out of my bag to read the message.
Suddenly I'm getting hot and cold at the same time. The world around me is turning upside down and I feel like I'm gonna loose my consciousness.
I can't believe what I just read.
My boyfriend excused himself that he's been ignoring me.
Well that's good but then he explained that he can't do this anymore. The distance is too much (he still lives in Canada)for him and he met another girl anyway?
I'm about to cry and I try my hardest to hold my tears back. It's embarrassing for me to cry in public. I just don't know what to reply and just put my phone into my bag.
I should have known that this will happen. What did I think that we'd be together forever?
Has been the past 4 years for nothing?
Maybe it's the best thing. We've been fighting a lot the last year but I still kinda love him. Do I?
The feelings are confusing. I don't know what to do or think.
I stand up and walk through the park. Past a lot of houses and one street after another.
It's already dark outside but I have no idea what time it is.
Stunned and with a dull feeling.
I don't know how but somehow I got downtown and was close to the tower bridge.
I love this place and move further as I realize where I Am.

Shawn's POV:

I'm glad that I'll stay here 2 weeks. I love this city so much and can't get enough.
I'm here for a concert and a few events and just to have a few days off and I truly enjoy to be here.
It's dark outside. The sky is clear and it's a mild night. I decide to take stroll through the city.
Luckily my hotel isn't far away from downtown and my favorite spots.
My friends and the crew just relax in their rooms and I'm all alone.
I like times like this when I'm just for myself.
I have time to think about some things and just to clear my head a bit.
I put my headphones on and play my favorite playlist on Spotify.

I didn't realize how far I've come until I look around me and see that I'm almost at the tower bridge.
What an impressive building.
Sunken in my thoughts I move further and walk over the bridge.

Josephinas POV:

I'm on the bridge and just walk.
I look at the beautiful city.
More peacefully and quiet at night.
Suddenly all my feelings that I've been keeping far behind in my mind over run me and I burst out in tears.
I can't hold em back and just let it go.
I decided to go home cause I am a little freezing.
I stare at the ground as I walk.
Suddenly I collide with someone and I get scared for a few seconds.

To be continued...