Chapter Twenty-Six

"I'll deal with you later

"I'll deal with you later."

Liam stands in the kitchen, confused. I shoot him a nasty look and then run to catch Cata as she flies up the stairs.

"Wait." My hand is on her arm.

"Wait? No." She jerks away and practically runs into the office. Once we're both inside, the door closed, she shoots me a violent glare. "Tell me exactly what's going on. Now."

"About what?" From the look on Liam's face, I suspect that he's said something he shouldn't have. About the photos. But I need a little time to think. Ever since I'd gotten another photo emailed the day before, I'd been going nuts trying to figure out what to do.

"About Miami. About the photos. About how you received a new picture yesterday. How you disabled my email."

I pace the room, and she crosses her arms in front of her chest. I don't think I've ever seen anyone look so angry. I rub at my hair, wondering what to say.

"I'm waiting," she says.

Sinking onto the sofa, I lick my lips. "I only wanted to protect you."

"I don't care what you want. I want to know what the fuck happened." Her voice is now shrill.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down." I know that's the wrong thing to say when I watch her face get red. My words come tumbling out, forming the longest run on sentence of all time.

"While we were in Miami I got an anonymous email with one of your photos, and I had the guys disable your account, and I wanted to try to find out who did it and sort everything out before you had any idea what was going on."

I exhale. There. God, I hate confrontation.

Cata sits next to me. "At what point in the weekend did you get the email?"

"Saturday. The morning after we, you know."

"Saturday." Her voice is icy. "So that's why you locked my phone and my laptop and my tablet up in the hotel room safe? So I wouldn't have access to my email?"

I nod and look down at my bare feet.

"Do you think I can't take care of myself?"

Raising my head, my voice protests but my mind knows she's right. "I know you can, but—"

"But you wanted to keep fucking me that weekend, and you thought I was some damsel in distress to be saved. And, you didn't want my past to screw up your deal, did you?"

"That's not why I didn't tell you. The deal has nothing to do with this." My voice is sharp. "I don't care about the deal. I care that you're safe."

"Whatever. Thanks, Diego. Now you've gone and told everyone in the house about the photos, and you haven't given me some important information about something that involves me. So, thank you. For treating me like a child."