The Last Horcrux

• Dedicated to MarisaLovesYou and siriusthebestblack

Chapter 1

Chocolate Frogs and Blonde Idiots

Over in compartment #9 of the Hogwarts Express, Rose Weasley is being taunted by her cousin, James Potter. Everyone else in the compartment includes Jeanette Phillips, James' best friend, Lucy Weasley, Rose's cousin, and Damon Stephens, Lucy's boyfriend.

"Have you guys snogged yet?" James asked, smirking. Rose's ears began to glow red. She loved her cousin very, very much, but he could be an arrogant prat at times.

"For the last time," said Rose through gritted teeth. "We're not together! How many times have I told you how much I hate him? What are you, deaf? Bloody hell.."

"Alright, Rosie, we'll believe that when Uncle Ron stops liking the Chudley Cannons..." said James, smirking. Jeanette laughed. Crookshanks the second, Rose's cat named after the first Crookshanks, hissed viciously at James, his tail twitching.

"It seems that Crookshanks wants to leave. I think I'll go too," said Rose hotly, picking up her things and leaving the compartment. Crookshanks followed suit. Rose searched for an empty, peaceful compartment. When she did, she was utmost relieved. 

She sat down on the brown, leathery seat and opened a chocolate frog that she had purchased from the trolley on her way to finding this compartment. The card had Albus Dumbledore on it. His blue eyes twinkled behind his half-moon spectacles and his long silver beard stretched out of the picture to the point where it was no longer visible. After a few seconds, he disappeared, leaving the empty dark background staring back up at Rose. 

Rose sighed and ate the chocolate frog, that she had grabbed instantly to keep it from hopping away. Half of the cards she's collected in her four years at Hogwarts were Albus Dumbledore. A few were Severus Snape, and she even had about three that were her uncle, Harry Potter. She even had one that was Ludo Bagman! Uncle Harry told her that Bagman was once head of Magical Games and Sports, but he's retired now. Rose's brother, Hugo, couldn't get enough from Uncle Harry about Bagman. 

Hugo was a very strange person, and very forgetful, too. Rose remembered back in her second year, Hugo had lost his dog, Fluffy. He once even left chicken in the pockets of his robes after smuggling it from the Great Hall on Halloween. Professor Longbottom was most unfortunate to smell the rotten remnants of the chicken on Hugo's robes two days later. Rose smiled and giggled slightly at the memory.

Suddenly, the door of the compartment opened and in stepped a someone with white-blonde hair and cold gray eyes-Scorpius Malfoy. She swelled with anger and glared daggers at him. 

"What are you doing here? Can't you see this compartment's taken?" she spat.

"Yes, Weasley, I know it's taken. See that trunk in the corner by the window?" he said blatantly. 

Rose looked, and sure enough, there was a trunk, green and silver, with clothes spilling out of it. She felt a large surge of stupidity. How could she have not noticed that?

"Feel stupid now, eh, Weasley?" He said. "Well d'you think you could kindly take your er-" he glanced at her old, tattered, books. "-belongings, and get your filthy arse out of my compartment?'

"Gladly," said Rose shortly, as she grabbed her things. "The farther away I am from you, the happier I will be." She headed for the door of the compartment.

"The sooner you leave, the better I'll be," he said, and then he smirked cruelly. "So go away, you half-blood scum. No one wants you or your family of blood traitors-"

Rose spun around and punched him square in the face, shaking with indescribable rage. "Don't-you-ever..insult-my-family!" she hissed, as red as her hair, which was frizzy, curly, and sticking up in one hundred different directions.

Malfoy held his nose, which was bleeding and dripping blood down his front. Rose was far too angry to feel proud of herself for breaking his nose.

Malfoy quickly recovered from the blow, but he was still bleeding uncontrollably. "Too afraid to use your wand, are you?" he said threateningly, grabbing his wand. "Furnunculus!" he bellowed.

Boils erupted all over Rose's neck, cheeks, and forehead. Her eyes welled up with tears. "You great, big, prat!" she yelled at him, her voice shaking. She stormed out of the compartment with her things, ignoring the stares and laughs of the people that she passed. She was extremely thankful to find that the train had stopped.

One by one, students got off of the train, talking and chattering to one another. When Rose finally got off and boarded a carriage, her cousin, Albus (Or 'Al', as most people called him), and her best friend Melody, daughter of Luna and Rolf Scamander, sat with her.

"Whoa, Rosie," said Albus carefully, "What happened to your face?"

"Malfoy," murmured Rose. "He shot the bloody furnunculus curse at me."

Al's face reddened in anger. "Why I ought to-"

"Oh, you ought to do nothing," said Rose, smirking the tiniest bit. "I broke his nose before he shot the curse at me."

 "Nice, Rose!" said Melody, grinning. "Yeah," agreed Al. "Maybe next time you can kick him in the-"

"Al!" said Melody. 

They all laughed. Rose was now looking forward to seeing how today would go. In her opinion, she'd stay completely sane as long as she doesn't run into Mini Ferret again. Then again, breaking his nose twice in a day wouldn't be that bad, would it?