SHE'S DATING THE GANGSTER..

The film opens with Kenji (Gomez) delivering a speech, saying how when he was younger, he thought love was the most powerful thing. As he grew older, however, he found out that time was the most powerful thing and that timing is such a bitch. Fortunately, he said, Kirby (Muhlach) waited for the perfect time for Grace (Aguila) and now, they are getting married. The scene then cuts to Kenneth (Padilla), Kenji’s son, making out in a bathroom stall with a random girl. The stall opens as the girl’s grandfather enters and chaos then ensues as the grandfather chases Kenneth to the reception hall while shouting. This causes a scene and a confrontation between Kenji and Kenneth. Kenneth said he was bored and it was no big deal. Kenji disagrees and says that Kenneth ruined Grace’s wedding. Kenji asked Kenneth to be mature as it has already been 8 years since Kenneth’s mom passed away; he has no reason for acting out. Kenji asks Kenneth what the problem is, to which the latter says that he doesn’t want to be with his father but he has no choice as his mom is already dead. Kenneth says if he would choose, he’d choose his father to die instead of his mom. Kenji asks his son what caused him to feel this way and Kenneth answers that he knows about the other Athena (Zulueta). Disappointed, Kenji says Kenneth has no idea how much he loves him and his mother.

The morning after a drinking spree, a hungover Kenneth finds out the plane that would take his father to Bicol has crashed. He rushed to the airport to see the list of survivors. There, he meets Kelay (Bernardo) who also wants to see the list of survivors. Since the place is filled with people, Kelay could not squeeze in and see the list. She then causes a scene so that people would let her see the list. She fakes crying and begins shouting that she does not want her father dead. Members of the media approached her and asked what her father’s name is, to which Kelay answered Kenji delos Reyes. Hearing this, Kenneth confronts Kelay and tells her that’s impossible as he is the only offspring of Kenji. This conflict catches the media’s attention. Kenneth tells the media that he’s the legal son and he can show his birth certificate to prove this. Kelay, on the other hand, says she has Kenji’s picture. The media men say that the boy on the picture looks like Kenneth while the girl looks like Kelay. Confirming that the girl on the picture is not his mother, Kenneth was asked by the airline officer for his contact details while Kelay is shunned. Kenneth confronts Kelay to ask who the girl on the picture is, and Kelay bargains that she would tell Kenneth what she knows once Kenneth agrees that he would tell Kelay at once when the airline contacts him for information regarding Kenji.

Kenneth is on his way to look for his father, however, all the flights to Legazpi are booked. He has no choice but to take the bus but since it's Holy Week, all tickets have been sold. Kenneth sleeps at the bus station, hoping to get a ticket as a chance passenger. He, however, oversleeps. Fortunately, Kelay went to the same bus station and bought tickets for the two of them. Kenneth makes a phone call and tells his friend over the phone that once he gets the ticket from Kelay, he would dispatch her.

On the way to Legazpi, Kelay, Athena’s niece, begins to tell the tale of Athena and Kenji. A flashback to the 90s begin where we see Kenji and Athena’s love story. It started when young Kenji (also played by Padilla), then a “gangster” who everyone was afraid of, is broken hearted over Athena Abigail Tizon (Andres). Wanting to get back together withe Abigail, Kenji mistakenly sends his messages of longing and despair to young Athena Dizon’s (also played by Bernardo) pager. Athena, not knowing who the messages were from, agreed to meet up with the sender, planning to stand him up.

On a pool hall, Athena and her friend Sarah (Pamorada) was keen on playing pool. Kenji arrives and demands that they transfer to another pool table. Athena fights back but Kenji wins, saying this is his spot. An angry Athena watches Kenji being bullied by, and refusing to fight back to, a rival group of gangsters. The rival group teases Kenji that "B" would not show up. Hearing this, Athena realized that the messages were sent by Kenji. Athena watches with pity as Kenji gets mugged by the rival gangsters. Kenji finds out about that his messages for Abi were received by Athena and that the latter caused him to wait for Abi and eventually get mugged. Kenji confronts a scared Athena. To her surprise, Kenji kisses her forcefully and tells her that from then on, she will be his girlfriend. According to Kenji, Athena owes him as Athena caused him to be mugged. Therefore, Athena has to pretend to be his girlfriend in order to get Abi jealous. At first, Athena refuses and for her refusal, Kenji bullies her. Athena eventually gives in when Kenji stood at the school's rooftop with the sign that says "ATHENA, IF YOU WILL NOT AGREE TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND, I WILL JUMP". Worried that Kenji might actually commit suicide,Athena says yes. The next day at school, Athena is treated like a princess with Kenji providing her bodyguards. Jealous over this, some girls at the school start bullying Athena. Kenji confronts the bullies and says that no one hurts his girlfriend. Kenji and Athena become closer and closer as the days go by. Their pretend relationship eventually becomes real and the two confess their love for each other. Kenji takes Athena to Legazpi to see the Mayon volcano and there promises that someday, they will get married in that place with the volcano as their witness. When they come back to Manila, however, Kenji begins to absent himself from classes without notifying Athena. Athena then gets an invite from young Lucas (Ramos) to go see Kenji who is in the hospital. Worried, Athena hurries over and finds Abi lying in the hospital bed. It turns out, Abi has stage three gastric cancer and it was the reason why she broke up with Kenji. Wanting Abi to be happy and live longer, Athena breaks up with Kenji. Kenji and Abi get married and Abi gives birth to Kenneth.

While searching for Kenji in Legazpi, Kenneth receives a call from present day Lucas (Veneracion) and he helps Kenneth and Kelay look for Kenji. On their way, Kelay receives a call from her family informing her of Athena’s deteriorating health and that Athena is dying. Kelay and Kenneth part ways with Kenneth promising that Athena and Kenji would meet once he finds Kenji.

Kenneth finds the hospital where Kenji is confined and reads the latter’s letter to him. In the letter, Kenji tells Kenneth that he was on his way to Legazpi to say good bye to his memories of Athena. He apologizes in the letter for making Kenneth feel that he did not love him. He tells Kenneth he loves him with all his heart. When Kenji wakes up, the two hug and apologize to each other.

When Kenji is well, Kenneth takes him to Athena’s house where he and Athena meet. Athena tells Kenji about her disease for the first time and tells him that his love kept her alive after all those years. She says she is happy that Kenji grew from being a gangster to being a father and that she is proud of him.

===================================================================

kathyrine bernardo as young Athena Dizon / Kelai Dizon

daniell padilla as young Kenji Delos Reyes / Kenneth Delos Reyes

===================================================================

According to Star Cinema's advertising manager Mico del Rosario, the film gathered PHP 15 million (US$340,000) on its first day of showing.[21] This was inspite of a powerful typhoon, Glenda, that hit the country that day that caused power outages across the country and delayed the opening of mall cinemas.[22] By August 3, 2014, the film distributor announced that the film grossed an estimated PHP 254 Million in a little less than 3 weeks.[23][24] At the She's Dating the Gangster Thanksgiving Party on August 7, 2014, ABS-CBN's Malou Santos officially announced that the film had earned over PHP 260 million in domestic gross with 5 remaining screening days left.[25]

here is a picture of she's dating the gangster

>>>>>>>>>READ MORE<<<<<<<<<<<

written by: elice caanono