Carrot-Muncher

"Um well...let me start at the beginning. Twenty something years ago my great grandmother died of old age before my great granddad. He longed for his wife. He created a clone of his wife so that way he would never be alone. Once he died my grandfather carried on the project. Soon many people wanted a clone for a wife. So many clones were being made there were hardly any males to be the husband of the clones. So my uncle Daniel  started making male clones too.  My uncle Daniel (the guy i just shot) did not like the idea that their was so many girl  clones so he banished them to the other side of the city and left my aunt Amber in charge of them. My dad was in charge of the N.A.T programs but Dr. Daniel was slowly taking over. My dad married one of the few humans left in the city. They wanted a son so they had one which is Nate my brother. 8 years later my mom became pregnant again  and at the time being pregnant was unheard of since male clones and female clones did not get together because they did not live together. My mother had to hide for years on the boy clone side just so that she could be with my dad and raise a family. Sadly my mother died giving birth to me so i never got to meet her. My father was killed a few years later by Dr.Daniel because he had a human family, which is illegal on this side of the city. My aunt Amber secretly had a daughter who is half clone and half human named Anita. Which is how we got here today." I announce  the information i found in my dads office.

"I dont want to live in a world we're i cant live happily with my brother. Nate has given up his life to hide me so that i could live. I want him to have so much more than this. You all can too. We were taught that this is what the world is like but it's not. Outside of this county on the other side is a different world we're men and women have children and they live together and no one thinks twice about it. I may be the Queen but I'm leaving this choice up to you. You can come with me or you can stay here and try to rebuild the city." I finish.

For a while no one spoke.

"Wherever you go....I'll be right there with you." Carley says giving me a reassuring hug.

"Me too." Someone from the crowd.

Many others agree to come but not everyone.

"Hey I'm really sorry about your eye." I tell Carley

"Huh? Anita is the one who stabbed me." Carley looks confused.

"Yeah but I'm the one who kicked the knife over too her so she could win." I look up at her looking for the moment when she punches me.

It never comes.

"Eh i kinda like my scar. Makes me look like a warrior. And when we get to the new world i have a plethora of amazing stories i can make up about this bad boy." Carley shrugs pointing to her eye which is behind a black eye patch.

"Can i leave this dump too." Nate ask with a smile.

"Of course. We're definitely going to need a medic with us." I joke.

"Ha. Ha. Hey i should have done this earlier but I'm so sorry for ever getting into that stupid argument with you years ago. I see now that i don't want a life of my little sister is not there to enjoy it with me." Nate apologizes

"No Nate I'm sorry i was stupid. You always know what's best and i should have at least talked it out with you instead of running away like that." I apologize

"Yeah jerk i spent days looking for you before i joined the army. Why couldn't you have at least told me where you were going with a trail of Azaleas so i wouldn't have worried as much as i did. I thought i had failed to keep dads promise. I really thought you were dead Azalea. And then i almost stabbed you to death, so i guess that's counter productive....Um yeah sorry bout that." Nate says with tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Nate. I will never leave your side again, big brother." I hug him.

"I know. I forgive you carrot-muncher." Nate playfully punches me.

Not as hard as Anita always did though.

"We should get going before it gets dark ." Carley walks towards us looking at Nate.

"Yeah. Good idea." Nate says

I thought about grabbing my stuff but then remember the only possession i have is the letter from my dad.

I pat my pants pocket to make sure it is still there then walk to catch up.

"Can i talk to you?" A voice behind me says.

"GET...AWAY...FROM ...HER...NOW!" Nate pushes me behind him.

"I'm not trying to start a fight i just wanna talk." Summers places her hands up so show humility.

"Nate it's fine." I saw sidestepping around him.

"Have you forgotten she almost got us killed." Nate says not taking his eyes off of Summers.

"Nate just 5 min and you can watch and make sure I'm okay." I say.

Im not sure what made me think talking to Summers was a good idea or why Nate agreed but somehow he did.

I turn back toward Summers after watching Nate walk his reasonable distance away from us.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?"