☆ Chapter 14 ☆

~Camara~ 

So many thoughts were running through my mind as I sat back down onto his bed. While he was getting dressed, I couldn't help but stare at the picture of Adarius and Dauntrell. They looked so happy but, Dauntrell never told me he had a brother. Then again, every time I would ask about his family he would get mad at me. He never really liked talking about his personal life. I sighed to myself trying to put two and two together. We were supposed to get married on our anniversary of being together for a year. I was going to bring up his family again but chose not to. 

Now I'm stuck in this situation with Adarius, his brother. I touched the side of the picture where Dauntrell was with the tip of my finger. I wanted to cry but held the tears back. I didn't realize how much I missed him until now. Adarius came over to where I was sitting and gave me a weird look. He was trying to figure out why I was so intrigued by this photo. 

"Is there something you want to tell me Camara?"

"No..No...why do you ask?"

"Because you haven't stopped looking at this picture ever since you asked about my brother"

"It's just...I thought you was an only child"

"Well I am now..." He said with  small grunt. 

"Sorry Adarius..."

"It's cool. Are you hungry or anything?"

"Nah I'm ok for right now..."

"Ight. I'm just going to get something from the kitchen"

I nodded and smiled at him to assure him that I was ok. He kissed me on the cheek and walked out the room. My attention quickly turned back to the photo. I still couldn't believed I fucked my then fiance's brother. I felt so disgusted with myself but then again I didn't even know. This was to much for me to handle. I got up and put my shoes on before grabbing my bag. I had to leave from here. 

When Adarius came back, he looked at me confused. He set the plate with his sandwich onto the table by the bed. 

"Camara....where are you going?" 

"I have to go back home. I'm sure my mother is worried about me"

"She would've called you if she was"

"My phone died and my charger is at home"

"Look....if you have something to tell me then please say it" 

"It's nothing Adarius. I just have to go" 

He nodded and moved away from the entrance of the door. I quickly walked passed him without saying another word. I didn't want to leave him like this but I had to. There was to much going on in my mind to even think straight. As I walked down the flight of stairs, the picture kept flashing though my mind. I wanted to cry once more but I tried to stay strong. 

As I walked out the building, it began to rain lightly. Luckily I had my hoodie to wear. I pulled the hood over my head and began my journey back home. The sidewalk lights were dim and the splashing of water from my feet was all I could hear. That was until I heard some faint footsteps splashing in the small puddles after mine did. At first I paid it no mind but then they began to get closer and closer. I quickly turned around and saw nothing, the sidewalk I was walking on was pretty dark and the lights were not helping with anything. When I turned around, I saw my one of the gang members from Adariu's apartment.

"What the hell do you want?" I said as I stared at him.

"Baby I just wanna talk to ya" He said with a small grin on his face. I wanted to run but I knew he was faster than me so he would've caught up to me eventually.

"Talk about what?"

"You saw Adarius' initiation...didn't ya?"

"No I did not see anything because I have no idea what you are talking about. Now leave me the hell alone!" I yelled before pushing him away. As soon as I began walking off, i felt his hand clutch onto my wrist. He began squeezing it to the point where it started to hurt.

"I'll break this pretty little wrist of yours if you take one more step bitch!"

"Just let me go...please"

"I will when you tell me the truth"

"I don't know anything. I keep telling you that"

"The more you say that, the less believe you" He kept his grip on my wrist and I knew if I tried to yank it away it would break. I wanted to cry but refrained from it.

"Tank! what the hell are you doing?" I heard Adarius yell out to him. He quickly let go and threw his hands up in a surrender kind of way.

"Hey Darius! I just wanted to talk to ya girl, if that was ok with you"

"No it's not ok. I told yall she wasn't the one I saw so leave her the hell alone!"

"Funny thing is, we don't believe you motherfucker" Tank reached into his coat and pulled out a gun. Adarius took a few steps back. I watched in horror because I didn't want to see him die like his brother had.

"Just stop! Ok Tank...it was me....I saw" I finally admitted. I couldn't risk losing Adarius so I just finally told him the truth. Adarius looked at me with pain his eyes, he had fear written all over his face.

"Now that's what I wanted to hear" Tank said with another grin on his face. He put the gun back into his coat and grabbed my wrist again.

"Let's go. The boss will want to hear this. We will deal with you later Darius" He said as he drugged me away. I looked back at Adarius who was just standing there with his fist clenched together. A tear drop came down my cheek and I mouthed the words. "I love you" to him before he disappeared the further we walked away.