Chapter 4: The Truth

Abbie’s P.O.V

“Okay class so today I am going to be introducing you to a new project. I suppose you have all read Romeo and Juliet since that was your last assignment and I have even given you class timed to read it. Now for this project I will let you pick your partner, but the partnership has to be 1 boy and 1 girl no exceptions! What you will be doing is the boy will be Romeo and the girls will be Juliet. You will write a one page paper pretending to be that character explaining your feelings for the other character. The reason you will have a partner is because you and your partner will have to reenact a scene from the book and I will randomly assign you the scene. Everyone got it?”  Mrs. Heller explained. Everyone just simply nodded their heads. “Good. You have two minutes to find your partner and your time starts now!” she screamed.

“Hey Abbie do you wanna-“ Shawn was saying before getting interrupted.

“Hey Shawn wanna be partners?” Brittney asked him.

“Sorry Brittney but I am already partners with Abbie,” Shawn said smiling at me.

Brittney glared at me and said, ”Really? Why would you wanna be partners with some  slut who isn’t even a virgin? I bet she has an STD.” I cannot believe she just said that!! How did she even know that? Shawn looked at me with sadness in his eyes and that’s when the tears started streaming down my face.

“Brittney you have no idea what you're talking about,” I said in between sobs.

“Aww your crying. Does someone need their mommy? Oh I forgot you don’t have one,” she smirked.

“Brittney just shut up! I am tired of how you think you can just walk all over everybody! You have no right to talk to Abbie like that she has done absolutely nothing to you! I suggest you walk away before I get really angry!” Shawn yells. Brittney walked away with her army of plastics. I was still crying. The tears would not stop streaming down my face.

“Hey it’s okay. Stop crying there is no need to cry. She is just making up things to try and cause drama,” Shawn soothed.

“But she’s right,” I say looking up at him. He just nods and doesn’t ask any questions. I clear up my face right when Mrs. Heller walks over.

“So are you two partners?” she asks. Shawn nods his head. “Okay well draw a piece of paper out of here and it will tell you what scene you two will be doing.” Shawn draws out a piece of paper and reads it out loud, “Romeo and Juliet’s death.”

“Okay, I hope you two don’t mind but that has a kiss in there,” Mrs. Heller says before walking off.

Shawn’s P.O.V

“Okay, I hope you two don’t mind but that has a kiss in there.” Oh my gosh! I might actually get to kiss Abbie! I am so excited but also worried after what just happened between Brittney and Abbie. I can’t believe Brittney said all those terrible things about Abbie and that Abbie said they were true. I really need to talk to Abbie about this.

“Mrs. Heller can Abbie and I go out in the hallway to discuss our plans?” I ask.

“Sure go right ahead,” Mrs. Heller says.

I grab Abbie’s hand and lead her to the hallway. I have so many questions for her and I still don’t even know how I am going to ask her out. “So Abbie what was all of that?” I ask. She takes a deep breath and opens her mouth to speak before breaking down in tears again. I sit there and rub her back knowing she just wants silence.

Finally she takes a few shaky breathes before saying, “She’s right everything she said is true. I’m not a virgin and I don’t have a mother,” She says and looks at me waiting for me to say something.