Chapter 18

By the time I get back to my cell, Other sits across the table from Loki, who reads an owners manual on a 2004 Ford pickup.

Other looks to Loki "We good, brav?" Loki nods, shortly, before taking a sip of his coffee "Still don't want wine?"

"I'll pass." Loki declares, before asking "And you'll put your hate aside, for the sake of peace?"

Other smirks "I shall try." before walking out of the cell. Once he's gone, Loki closes the manual and rolls his eyes.

"I don't trust a single word he says." Loki glares, before looking to me "He wants to bury the hatchet."

I shrug and hold his head in my hands, before kissing his forehead "Maybe he doesn't want to fight."

"He's been in solitary, for seven years." Loki states as I release him "Seven years to plan his revenge. He has to be planning something."

After taking a piss, I ask "How did he manage to smuggle in wine?"

"He made it." Loki states and I frown "All it takes is grape juice, bread, and a toilet, to make prison wine."

I scrunch my nose as he lights up a smoke "Honestly, Thor, you've been here for seven years. How do you not know that, already?"

"I've been here seven years, and you haven't told me you love me." I state as I fold my arms in from of me. He looks at me in shock and I shrug "I've told you, but you've never told me."

I've been telling him I love him for the past six years. Not once has he said it back. We haven't even had sex yet.

Before he can say anything, I scoff "Forget it. It's almost time for lunch." and with that, I step out of our cell.

~

At lunch, the only talk was about Other. When we get out, into the yard, Loki looks to me "Can we talk?"

I nod, and we step apart from our group. Silently, we stroll over to the corner closest to Thanos's group.

We stand there for a long moment, as Loki stares out, into the mountains. Finally, he speaks "Thor, we're constantly next to each other. We're never more than ten feet apart. We physically can't be."

"We could be right now." I state, looking over my shoulder to clarify "This yard is pretty damn big."

"Fine, mentally." Loki sighs and I look to him "Mentally, we can't stay ten feet from one another."

I hum, before leaning against the fence "Why do you think that is, Loki? Steve and Tony can. Pietro and Vision can."

"I don't know." he shrugs, before looking out into the mountains "I've been trying to figure it out, but I just can't."

I smirk at him "You have an IQ of 187, and you can't figure it out?" He scowls at me and I move my hair out of my face "Tell me when you figure it out."

I start to walk off, only he stops me "Thor, please don't walk away from me." I step back and look at him in annoyed amusement "You've stayed by my side for the past seven years." his eyes go blurry and he gives a weak smile "Stay with me for the next two."

I sigh, before asking "What happens when you get out of here?" he shrugs and I scoff "Are you going back to London? New York, maybe?"

He shakes his head and sniffles "I don't know."

I roll my eyes and declare "You don't know." I start to walk off, only I notice Thanos and his new second hand, T'challa, step towards us.

I'm about to greet them, when Thanos grabs Loki by the neck and pulls him off the ground. As Loki fights, I try to get Thanos off of him.

T'challa grabs my shoulder and I feel a sharp pain in my eye. The pain spreads through my head and I scream out in pain.

When my eyesight finally focuses, I spot the head of a toothbrush. That's when I understand.

I have a fucking toothbrush shank in my eye!

I continue to scream as I reach for it. As I pull it out, I drop the my knees and blood sprays from my eye.

My vision starts to go blurry as I see Thanos drop Loki. As I grit my teeth in pain, my sight continues to fade and I feel numb.

"Thor!" Loki roars as he scampers over to me. He rests my head in his lap as he cries out "No, Thor! Keep your eyes open! Stay awake!"

But my eyelids are to heavy, and I close them. His cries go muddy and I can hear the guards trying to get to us. And the last thing I hear, before it all goes black, it the one thing I wanted to hear for six years.

Loki presses his lips to one of my hands and whines out "I love you, Thor!" his hot tears are the last thing I feel.

~

I wake to an nagging pain in my head and it pulses with every beep of the monitor beside me. When I open my eye, I find the prison doctor looking at the monitor "You're awake!"

I groan, before asking "What happened?" There's a bandage over my eye and a brace on my knee.

"Unfortunately, we had to remove your eye." Strange states, before asking "Is your knee hurting? We're concerned you might need another surgery. You fell on it fairly hard."

"No, my head." I close my eye and explain "I feel like it's being crushed by a bowling ball. How long have I been out?"

Strange nods "We've been trying to wane you off pain medication over the past few days. It's almost time for your next dosage."

"How long have I been here?" I repeat as he administrators the pain meds into my PIC line. Instantly, I feel the effects.

Finally, before I drift asleep, he replies "You've been here for a week."