the favor

"Be careful." She whispered before dissolving from my eyes. I was left alone in her living area as I changed each bulbs of her chandelier hanging up above. Soon enough, I was done and lifted the side of my lips while the shallow light casted my sight.

Good work for today.

Right after I finished the favor and put back the chair, she passed by me and rested two cups of hot chocolate on the coffee table with the aroma lingering around. She slumped herself on the corner of the sofa as I followed her lead, sitting beside her. Well, not actually side by side since we're like sitting on the edge of both worlds.

I just noticed, she dyed her hair into blonde, which at first, I thought won't suit her. I mean, I always adore her that she loves to change her hair color, style and whatnots more often than an average girl and I've never seen her blonde in my entire life, but... Before, imagining her on blonde felt awkward but look at her now, more beautiful than she already was.

Oh yes, I always imagine her when I'm alone, in my room, in the dark. Joke! Lol. Just thinking about her during boring lectures or before sleeping at night. Yeah, I'm nuts.

I even noticed she still likes bunnies up until now since grade school, for her pink sweater's filled with cute little ones printed on it, matched with black and white stripes shorts. She's even wearing knee length socks that same goes with her sweater, printed with bunnies. Damn, how could a twenty nine single woman still looks as young and as gorgeous as twenty one? Well, I guess she's a vampire or something.

Anyway, I just focused on the cup she prepared as an act of gratitude for the favor. This is the first that she prepared something specially for me. I should preserve this cup and frame it, display it on my room with the note 'Dara made this for Chanyeol with heart.' How sweet, right?

While sipping this amazing thing down to my system to warm my frozen body, I noticed how she carefully watched me on the corner of my eyes. I took a glimpse of her sideways and blushed. "Don't look at me like that... I'm, kinda... S-shy."

She almost spit out her drink as she burst out of laughing, that seemed music to my ears. That made me grin awkwardly as my heart flatters at the same time. How could she do that?

When she composed herself. She scooted beside me. Okay, okay. Not really beside but our proximity was too close for me to bear, half meter to be exact. She cocked her head and smiled. There I go again, my heart on its full bliss. "Tss, when did you become shy from me?" She asked and punched my arm lightly with my face becoming more and more scarlet. "I mean, I'm always at your house since your mom wished she had a daughter and I'm your official sewer whenever your mom needs a hand for her curtains. Plus, we're childhood friends. Though I'm eight years older than you and you're same age as Chundoong."

"Yeah," I nodded tightly. "Oh, and tell your mom thanks for the cookies." She continued while pointing it out on the table. "She shouldn't have spared me some. You know, I'm alone here and can't eat it all. Well, most of the time, I'm by myself. Since they barely go home starting the day that Chundoong stepped on that university."

"Yeah," I once again agreed, not realizing that I look like some sort of an animal toy placed on cars that moves its head up and down continuously. "I really don't get it. I mean, he's too old for mom to watch over him. Such a baby and a spoiled brat. Oh! And I remember, when I was the one studying college, mom barely visit me. So unfair." She shook her head as she had her last drop of the sweet drink.

"Yeah," oh well, I don't really know how to react. All I could do was nod, say yeah and then sip on my cup. Stupid me.

I had again the chance to study how she looks after I think months that I haven't seen her and I missed her so much. For couple of months, I've been lurking on my dirty room for I have thesis to do which I blame coffee for my heart's sudden palpitation whenever I feel pain, fear, or worst, even if I'm bored. Then she's just as busy as me, too consumed with her job. So, seeing her and being with her after sometime just made my day, or it will even made my year. Most probably, made my life.