AMH-28

3rd to the last chapter! Whoop!

Chapter28- The Graduation Party (Part 1)

Some things are definitely bound to happen; it’s a part of life.

I glanced at the mirror hanging by the wall. I was all dolled up in preparation for the graduation party. The white, flowing cocktail dress that reached my knees looked perfect on me. It had spaghetti straps and a glittering belt on the waistline that emphasized my tiny waist. Simple but elegant were the best words to describe the dress. To top it off, I matched it with silver sparkly heels that completed my outfit. My brown hair was combed and fix until it was shiny and soft to the touch. I tied it into a semi ponytail on the middle part on the back of my head. A clip studded with emeralds held the strands of my hair into place. I applied mascara and eyeliner to my eyes. My brown eyes went from dull to alive. Concealers always came in handy because I needed them to cover the eye bags that were beginning to form below my eyes. The blush made my cheeks and face glow.  I dare say, I looked for beautiful tonight.

As I glanced at the mirror, I saw a different Jessie. I smiled; it also smiled back at me. ‘There, that looks better on you Jess. Smile and chin up!’ I sighed out loud. There was a queasy feeling inside of me and I couldn’t help but to fear the events that might happen tonight. Things might go out well but there’s still a seventy five percent possibility that the events may not go out how I planned them.

“Jess!Time to go!”Dad called from below. I took one last glance on the mirror. “You can do this Jess! Heads up, hopes high and keep your mind set straight.” I told myself loudly.

I grabbed my purse which contained all my essential belongings on the top of my desk. I reapplied a desired amount of lipstick on my lips and I admired myself for the last time on the mirror. “This is it. You can do this Jess!” I voiced out loud. My heels made clicking noises against the floor boards as I made my way down.

I raised my arms to shield my eyes because a flash of light caused me to squint, “Oh Mom!” I groaned out playfully.

“Oh Jessie! You look so beautiful tonight!” she stated. I blushed and felt a little uncomfortable with her comment. “Come on, let’s take another snapshot.” On and on went the camera’s flash.

“Look at you now,” Mom repeated, cupping my cheeks in her hands. “The little girl who was playing by the sandbox before was now replaced by a beautiful, young lady.”

“Oh Mom, you flatter me too much.” I brushed off her comments.“Even if I changed, deep inside of me there’s still the Jessie whom you and Dad raised. I’ll always be here for you.” I pulled them both into a tight hug. Ah, the moments in life worth cherishing!

Dad tsked, “Sooner or later she’s going to have a boyfriend already.”

“Dad!” I cried in embarrassment while stomping my foot. I was really, really uncomfortable when Dad teased me about those stuff.

Mom chuckled, “If she has one, let her be. I also had a boyfriend when I was her age, even younger.” Mom winked at me. “But, I’ll be the first one to know if you do have one. Huh, Jessie? Especially when he’s…”

“Ugh! Stop!” I disliked it when Mom my parents teased me about those stuff.

The both laughed at me.  I hid my face in my hands to hide to the red that was coloring my face but I was careful not to smudge my make-up.

“Mom, I need to go now. Richard texted me a while ago and he said that he’ll be here any minute.” I didn’t want to break the moment but I needed to excuse myself. I didn’t want them to go deeper into that stuff and I can’t be late. I was never late.