AMH-20

Saying goodbyes were indeed hard ones but I had to face it... As I said goodbye to all the people that I knew here, my friends, some teachers, frenemies, and archenemies I tried not to get emotional. Well, not that emotional nut considering the times spent and the memories made? Everything was memorable. I'm definitely sure that everything will be stored inside my mental treasure box.

These people have been my friends for four consecutive years and it is going to be hard not to see them anymore. Another reason why I also anticipated these debates because I’m able to see my friends again. Sadly, this happening won’t happen again. Most of us are graduating this year and we’re going to face the real world - college. It sucks, I know...

I grumbled as I loaded my heavy bags into the backseat of his car. “Stupid bags. Why did you become so heavy now?” I muttered under my breath

“Hi Jess,” Adam greeted me. He looked kind and cute. His ash blond hair was ruffled a little. He wore a white polo shirt with faded grey jeans. Why does some guys really look good? 

“Hi!” I beamed at him, closing the door of the car. 

“I just wanted to say thank you for giving me such a hard time.” he poked me playfully then stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

I gave out an amused giggle. “You were good to.” My hands fidgeted with the buttons of my blue cardigan.

“If I knew that it was really fun attending these competitions I would have attended before.” He said looking at me with those aquamarine eyes of his. I always liked the aquamarine color and wished that my eyes were the same color as his. However, I was blessed with a deep shade of brown on my eyes and I couldn’t complain about it. There was nothing I could possibly do except wear contacts which was a no no for me. I couldn’t bear the sting that contacts brought to me, all those pain... gaaah.

“Oh, why didn’t you join before?” the curious state was beginning to get over me. Me and my curiosity. Sometimes, that placed me into waist deep trouble.

“Because-.”

“Jess, everything ready?” Greg butted in, scaring me a little.

“It’s you isn’t it? Greg?” Adam’s attention snapped into Greg. 

“Huh?” Greg asked looking dazzled, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Yes!” he screamed with triumph. “It is you!" He cried out clapping his hands with triumph. The infamous Greg Nichols! You used to study at our school.” He circled around Greg.

Still looking confused Greg turned to him and said in an arrogant tone “I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about. Maybe you are studying at my school before but I don’t know you. Don't know you at all.” He said nonchalant.

He grasped my wrist and leaned in to me “Jess. Get in the car.” I don't know why but that serious, grave tone of his always give me the shivers.

“Okay. Just give me a second.” I reasoned out.

I turned to Adam “bye Adam, it was nice meeting you.”

“Nice meeting you too Jess. Just a friendly reminder, be careful with him okay? It’s for your own good if you do not want to get in any trouble.” he said with a grave voice and with that he went away without saying goodbye or farewell.

Whoa, things are werid. 

Greg honked the car indicating me to get inside. The cold air from the aircon greeted me while some soft music playing from the radio.

“You don’t look scary.” I peered at Greg while we were on our way home.

“Jess, stop checking me out!” he said irritated, banging his knuckles on the steering wheel.

“Sorry. It’s just that what Adam said bothers me.” I said fiddling with the hem of my cardigan.

“What did he say?!” a total chemical reaction came over him as his mood changed. His jaw clenched, he gripped the steering wheel, and his eyes looked deadly.

“Nothing. Nothing bad...” I replied trying to brush off the subject.

I didn’t want him to get infuriated any minute because 1) we’re on the road 2) he’s driving 3) I didn’t want to die 4) I don’t want to have another long argument with him.

He drove on while I stared outside the window, which was a habit of mine.

We continued to act all formal and proper until lunch. As I took my seat on the front seat of the car my eyelids became heavy and I sailed on to the serene world of sleep.

I woke up, still in the car feeling a little sweaty. Time check: 4:30PM. Where was I? I glanced sideways and Greg wasn’t here although the keys were still in their slot. My eyes swept to the hood of the car where five boys were seating. They all wore black, their hair had spikes and different colors, some gothic looking bracelets and necklaces clasped to them and two or three had tattoos on their arms. Wait, this was what evil guys looked like didn’t they? Where was Greg? Why the heck would he leave a helpless seventeen year old girl alone? I took my phone and nervously began to dial his number until the door opened.

A/N: I'm so sorry for the short and lame update. Seriously, I don't know what happened to my writing skills... When I typed this chapter, nothing! If there are mistakes and typho graphical errors, forgive me... Gaaah, maybe because I was absorbed in numbers this week. Physics and math is killing me... Ugh,,, You see, I need to study due to the exams that our school gives us. It's like 15% of our total grade. So, I'm really burning my eyebrows. hehe. 

I promise that the next chapter will be something. Or not, it depends on you reader. :")  

:D I'm saying goodbye because there's Spaghetti for dinner. ehehehe :P Want some?