Chapter Three

www.bethanyshayporteous.com

www.facebook.com/BethanyShayPorteous

Chapter Three

Alpha Dean climbed out of the car smoothly and my eyes widened a little as I noticed he was the only one not dressed so stiffly. He wore a suit but no tie and the first three buttons on his shirt were not done. I wondered if my dad felt ridiculous.

He had thick brown hair, carefully styled. His skin wasn't pale but he wasn't tan either. His stubble looked as if it was a trademark to his look and not something he had forgotten to shave. He definitely looked his age which I think was about twenty-two and I knew my father would secretly detest that someone so young ran such a powerful pack. I briefly wondered how Brennan felt about that as well, being only two years younger than Alpha Dean.

He led the way first, adjusting his jacket. I found myself holding my breath as my wolf disappeared into the back of my mind, his powerful aura somewhat overwhelming. His steps were full of purpose as he came up the pathway.

The moment he stepped onto the porch was the first time he looked at my father, and the first time I got a close-up of his face in the flesh.

His eyes were so blue it was like staring into an abyss. He had thick eyebrows but his face wasn't as chiselled as the other wolves. He was handsome for his age but he wasn't the kind of guy I'd be attracted to. I myself fancied big arms and a cute butt.

"Lucky he isn't your mate then," my wolf told me.

"Mm lucky," I agreed.

"Alpha Dean," my father said warmly. I hadn't seen him speak so kindly in a very long time. "It's a pleasure and an honor to have you here."

The Alpha smiled and it transformed his sombre face. "The pleasure is all mine, Alpha Anderson. Thank you for having us."

"This is my Beta Phillip and his mate Polly, and their daughter Mary." My father gestured to his Beta's who all bowed their heads in respect. "This is my son Brennan and future Alpha," Brennan stepped forward and bowed his head.

"Ah, the future of Wyoming," Alpha Dean grinned. "A pleasure to meet you."

"I don't like him," my wolf whispered into my head. "Bad vibes."

"Shush!" I hissed.

"...My daughter Charlotte," my father said and for the first time his voice wasn't cold when he spoke of me. I looked at him in surprise before widening my eyes as the visiting Alpha appeared in my line of vision.

"Charlotte," he breathed out my name. I looked down at his outstretched hand and I hesitantly slipped it into his, noting the way he tightened his grip slightly. "A pleasure to finally meet you."

I racked my brain for something to say. I was confused at his intense stare and his tight hold. Did I mention Emily? Was that a stupid thing to do and if I did mention her and he got angry, my father would be beyond pissed. Deciding against it I settled on saying, "Likewise."

He released my hand and I slipped it behind my back discreetly. "It is a grand pleasure to be in Wyoming. My Gamma Allen Morson and his mate Callie, and in her stomach is the ever lovely Kathleen or Christopher." His voice was warm as he spoke of the unborn child and I was interested at how calm he was. Surely he had to feel a little threatened?

"Please come inside, Polly will show you to your rooms and then we can head to the pack building." My father led the way and I jolted when Alpha Dean walked past me, brushing his hand down my arm. What the heck?