Chapter 13

(6 years later)
Haylee's POV.
"Haylee, stop this madness. You are supposed to be a role model. A positive one. Not a negative one," Johna snapped.

"I'm going to my room," I stated, walking out of the meeting place full of Alphas.

I ran out of the building, striped by the porch and shifted into my wolf. I picked up my clothes in my mouth, racing home.

•••••

"I'm sick of this!" I screamed when I stepped into the house and slammed the door.

"Your Majesty," a maid called out.

"Yes?" I sighed heavily.

"Former Queen Stera would like to see you and King Johna," she whimpered softly.

"Well then, she has to wait till he comes home. He kicked me out of the Alpha meeting because I'm a woman, and I stated my own opinion," I stated with a blurry vision.

"Yes, my Queen." With that, she scurried away.

•••••

It's been two hours, and my Johna is still not home. I'm going to be sick if I keep thinking of the possibilities of why he's not home yet.

The sound of the door clicking unlocked startled me. I swear I jumped so high, I put a hole through the roof.

"I'm home!" I heard Johna call out. I sighed, rising from the couch, and I walked past him, leaving the room.

"Johna! I'm so glad your home, son. Please sit; I need to tell you something," Stera announced. I rushed up the steps to my room.

•••••

"Why didn't you tell me, baby?" he spoke when he entered our room later that night. Great...I guess Stera told him. I turned onto my other side, facing the wall instead of my mate.

"Why? Would you have wanted to know in the first place?" I scowled, never turning on the bed to face him.

"Of course I would've wanted to freaking know! Is there a reason you never told me?" That's it...I shot up on the bed, glaring at my pissed off mate.

"First off, don't you dare scream at me. Second, I didn't even know. I just found out yesterday. Third, if you wouldn't have kicked me out of the Alpha's meeting, and you took me home instead of me running and stressing all the way here - you would've known beforehand," I screamed.

"I kicked you out for a reason," he gritted out through a clenched jaw.

"Yeah. I know. Because I'm a female. I made ONE suggestion. And all of a sudden I committed a "crime"? You make me sick, Johna!"

"Babe, you're stressed. Calm dow-"

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down. I have a right to make suggestions. Why was everyone else there allowed to make some? Oh wait. I forgot. It's because they're men. Is it because of my gender that I'm not wanted anywhere?" Tears burned my eyes, and I choked on a cry.

"Of course not, baby. Don't ever think that. You're perfect. This pack treats women differently than most other packs. Baby, if I didn't make you leave, those fucking perverts would've jumped you. My wolf gets ticked off easily, and he did not like one second of that meeting because of how they were eyeing you. Even after you left, they made perverted remarks about having you in their bed and everything related to that, I could barely control myself or my wolf."

"Please-" I hiccuped through my sobbing, "please don't let them do anything to me."

"Of course I won-"

"Please don't let them touch me!" I begged. My head fell against the crook of his neck, my hands fisting the material of his shirt. He kissed my hair gingerly, pulling my quivering frame onto his lap.

"Hush, young one," he soothed gently. "I won't let them lay a hand on you. You have my word. I promise, my little moon."

He slowly rocked us back and forth. My sobs eased as my body began to shut down into slumber. My fists loosened, and, soon, slumber took over.