chapter 0 (prologue) : before I was human...

In the pinnacles of Heaven, Earth, and Hell there are three major gods, Zeus; commander of the skies and ruler over all the rest of the gods, Poseidon; ruler of the sea and over human protection, and Hades; ruler of the underworld and death. These three gods devote themselves to protecting the human species as well as maintain balance between each other. Their task is so great and each of the gods selects one demi-god to help them. Zeus’ demi-god is Icarus; a man that rose to the top of mount Olympia with wax wings. Poseidon’s demi-god is Hercules; a man of great strength. Satan, claiming a god doesn’t need help, is the only God that is too arrogant to select a demi-god.

For thousands of years the balance between the three gods has remained stable. Peace was in abundance, until Satan launched an attack against the mortal realm. Many innocent humans lost their lives to the un-paralleled power of death itself. After many battles, wars, and deaths; Satan had been subdued by the power of Zeus. Zeus, after countless years, realized that the three gods should not be in control of the thing called “Death”. The three gods than choose one god that was not violent, or showed any signs of aggression.

That god is my teacher, mentor, as well as my father.  He has been training me for the past 40,000 years for being the next death god when he retires. Although I understand all of the basics and, according to Zeus show promise, my father still does not believe in me. He is reluctant to part ways with his title of “Death God” I know this is an important role in the balance of Earth but I will not let the gods down.

Even though I myself am not a god, I am still considered one. I live in a miraculous castle and have many lesser demons, as well as angels, to do my daily chores. In my spare time I like to watch the human world in secret, carefully so no one notices. That was one rule my father made clear and I easily broke it "Do not, under any circumstances, view the human world without me."

Everything was well until I was hooked on a single human female. For some reason I was drawn to her. With no explanation why I was so interested in her I watched her for, what felt like an eternity, weeks at a time. One day I was watching her and I notice something was off. There was a strange atmosphere around her, maybe because I'm the son of the only death god I noticed the stench of death... She would have died if I didn't save her, but because I did, I am now human too...