Chapter 39

"So this is your mate," Claudia states while looking Nikolas from head to toe as everyone is sitting in the pack house living room.

She doesn't seem to realize the tension in the air. The look of disgust on Alice and Matthias is pretty obvious, and they don't even try to hide it. Since they entered the room, they didn't touch anything. They even refused to sit on the sofas after Alice found that they are covered in werewolves' fur. As for Daniel, the Beta and Delta, they seem annoyed by my mate's mother and brother's behaviour. I can't really blame them since it's impolite and disrespectful to the host.

I have to say that I am impressed that no one died yet. When Nikolas and I were all healed from the withdrawal symptoms, it was already night time. So, we went to my bedroom to rest. Okay, we may have had another round in the shower and before going to sleep. Who can blame us right? We did nearly die and since we didn't and got reunited, it is worth celebrating. Even though I knew that I am going to be sore all day tomorrow.

The next morning, the first thing we did was to go to Daniel's office since we could hear two people screaming all morning. We soon found out that it was Matthias and Daniel who were creating all the noises. At the start, they were talking calmly, but soon something triggered between them and it only got worse after that. It doesn't seem like they can get along.

As for Katie and Claudia, they seem to be perfectly fine together. They are currently sitting next to each other without any problem. They are even enthusiastically talking about fashion since Claudia must have recognized Katie. She is a popular model after all. Daniel wasn't pleased about their rapid blossoming friendship, but his sister just disregarded him.

"Yes, this is Nikolas, my mate, and Nikolas this is Claudia, Daniel's sister and my friend," I introduce both of them as Claudia extends her hand for a handshake.

My mate nods as an answer before shaking my friend's hand, but at the same moment, we can all hear Daniel growls as he glares at us. In answer to his childish reaction, I roll my eyes at him. I can't believe him. It's just a handshake, Nikolas isn't going to eat her. Even if he tried, I would not let him. It's good to have a friend outside of our race. It's refreshing. Plus, I will make sure to show my ugly mug around more often when this war ends. Everything I do is for the sake of annoying the heck out of Daniel.

"So, what was the thing you wanted to talk about?" Matthias grumbles after crossing his arms undoubtedly trying to look intimidating while towering over the sitting werewolves.

"I am proposing an alliance between your family and all the vampires under your jurisdiction and my pack to fight off the enforcers," Daniel proposes as I can already see the vein in Matthias' forehead burst.

"And you think we will accept that offer after you just kidnapped my mate?" Nikolas answers before his brother can.

I may have explained to him why I ended up in the Silverback pack territory. To be honest, it took everything in me to restrain and convince my mate to not go kill Daniel for that. Without forgetting about Joe and Claudia's friends who challenged me. Of course, I was unharmed, but Nikolas didn't like the idea of being defied by mere mutts.

"Believe it or not, it's your beloved mate that proposed the idea first," Daniel explains as I smile nervously when everyone's head turn in my direction.

I already knew that it wouldn't be easy to convince them, but I can already feel their disapproving stares. I scratch the back of my neck as I think about the words I am going to use to convince them.

"Is this true?" my mate asks while looking at me in the eyes.

"Yes, it's true," I sigh while giving up. "We have tried to beat the enforcers for months now and we weren't even close to succeeding. I don't need to remind you what happened because of that," I start to explain as I glance at Matthias and my mother in law. "It's only a temporary truce. We have one common enemy that we need out of the picture. At that point in time, we can go back to despising each other as much as we want."