Dont Judge A Book By It's Cover.(Short Story)

I've never really thought of what I would do in the future.Didn't have a clue what I wanted to be. All my friends had ideas such as Doctor, Chef, Princess, and really all the popular choises.I myself was different, different then the rest of my friends. When I was just a young child about the age of five. My mother and father got divorced. I saw them fighting over something to do with someone snooping around. My mom cheating of course age five I have no clue what cheating was. What was really happening was she was having relationships with other guys. From our lake so my dad didn't know. All that really makes me wonder if I know my really mother to this day. To be honest I dont know if I want to. For me it was rough. The screming,yelling and worst of all confustion on my part.I never really knew why everyone placed my mom as bad, no clue. By age six my mom had a full time boyfriend...Geoff. I thought of it as nothing,untill one day.I didn't know what has happening never thought of such things as rape, pedophiles, child hungry old men.Soon enough I needed to grow up, I needed to grow up faster then any child. I talked to someone from the C.F.S(child family services). I told them how I got abused didn't tell them about the sexual side of things. They talked to Geoff and my mom and called it all off they said "Kay-Lynn this is bilone your lying and its not true".Thats when I knew there was no way out. My mom and Geoff started arguing and phisically fighting. One night I woke up to screaming and glass breaking. I was scared and thought at the time under the covers where the safest place. I hid listening to the moving breaking screaching sound of glass hitting the ground. It was the sound of a bad fight I wanted to scream to see if I could break it up. My speach wasn't working and I didn't have enough breath. I breathed deaply having the feeling I was going to faint. I could picture the glass on the ground the sound of fist hitting skin and the hopeless screaming from the next room. It was about 1AM and was thinking of how many other people they have rudly awaken. The mood changed so quickly. It went dead silent for about a minute. I finally heard someone walking towards my door. I heard the slow creek of my old white chipped painted old door.

By age 8 and 9 it was a regular thing. I got used to the disscomfort and restriction of telling anyone about what way happening. The feeling of hopelessness being empty with out any one to talk to about these things. At the time I was only seeing my dad every other weekend and once a week for supper.But I knew I couldn't tell him about the horrible damage happening in my life. Me getting phisically abused mentally verbally. As a nine year old you can't tell yourself you will be ok or that things will be better soon. You can't understand it so dealing with it is scary for a nine year old with no possible excuse for it. Age ten my mom and him broke up.Yay ..... untill he came back . They only stayed together for about a month or so then it was over, for good this time. She ment a guy named Rob we moved in with them. What i mean by them was he lived with his parents. He was a 31 Year old who lived with his mom, dad and brother. The good side with this realationship is we went places. We went for supper, lunchs and even just a walk through a park. All to find out my mom was using him to have a place to live. Me and her lived in a one rrom apartment. Once again she was on the prowl she found a new one Drew this relationship was a week. Drew ignored me and drank. Didn't really know much about him. Now there was Ian. Ian was a loud, rude, drunk,idiotic person. my mom was out all of the time and was never home to watch feed hang out with me. So i cleaned the house, cooked for myself, took care of myself. My best friend in the whole world Shelby. She was a loud, bad influence on me. I went to ness my old friend from pre school Baillie went to hedges we split from talking for a year or two. During that time me and shelby got in so much trouble. Under age drinking, drugs , smoking, stealing. We desided to steal two cameras from the computer lab. We didnt get caught for those. So we desided to try again thinking what can happen this time. We got caught. By the school cameras. We got suspended for three days which where the three days before winter break. Longer holiday! Me and her did talk after that we stopped talking all together. but in grade 7 everything was different. Lake St. Martin flooded all the rez kids came there was a new girl Alana new girl Luvona twins Taylor and Tyler new girl dailynn and a few more. to be fair they seemed like really nice people I started to get to know them Luvona had a pot selling sister. Alana was a bad girl who tryed to impress the guys. Dailynn was the shy innocent one but if you crossed her she could be scary. Thats when things got bad i started to steal from stores no where special. Value Village , Dollar store those kind of places. I've totally changed and now im alot better I still have anger issues but im living a way better life now :)