Chapter One - New Girl

(A/N; this paragraph basically explains why Zach's depressed, and how he became depressed, and basically how he lost "the love of his life.")

Ever wonder what it's like to lose someone you love so much and get a call that the one you love, is gone forever and you can never get her back?

Yeah that's exactly what happened to me. It was about 7 or 8 months ago when it happened. My girlfriend at the time Kaylee was leaving her house to come hang out with me and all of our friends at our usual hanging spot, our towns bowling alley. Everyone was already at the bowling alley inside getting ready and starting up the game, I stayed outside and waited 10 minutes for her to show up, but she never did.

About 5 to 10 minutes later I got a call from Kaylee's mom. She told me that that a drunk driver had collided into her car and the car crashed into the guard rail on the highway and flipped over. I was devastated. The one I love was taken from me. I'll never get to hold her in my arms again, I'll never feel her kiss again, I'll never get to hear her laugh, I'll never see her smile, I'll never get to see her green eyes. The only thing I actually have of her is the memories we shared.

But they're slowly fading away, and I'm trying to be happy again, and I know she would want me to be happy again, but I guess I'm just depressed because she was my everything, and now she's gone. But now I'm diagnosed with depression, and I keep pushing out everyone who's trying to help me.

My mom's always worried about me. Austin, AC, and Rob are always stopping by to try and cheer me up and remind me of all the good times the four of us had, and sometimes it actually works. When ever they get me to smile or laugh, they tell me it's good to see my smile or hear me laugh again because they haven't seen it and heard it in so long. I really feel bad that i'm always pushing them and my mom out of my life. But it's not my fault for getting diagnosed with depression, some tragic events can make it happen to certain people, and I'm just one of them.

*A Year and a couple months after the Accident*

"Zach hunny, it's time to wake up for school." my mom said shaking my shoulder.

"Five more minutes please mom." I groaned.

"Zach you need to get up, I would let you sleep a little longer, but you always stay asleep every time I leave the room. Yesterday was the last time I let you do that, now please get up." She said, sounding serious.

"Alright, I'll get up mom." I said.

"Thank you Zachary, I gotta get to work soon. I love you." my mom said, kissing my head.

"ugh mom, I love you too."

After my mom woke me up I got ready for school. Hopefully something good will happen today. Usually my boys can cheer me up. I hate it when all the popular girls try to get with me though, I mean yes, me and my boys are popular, but I'm just not ready for a relationship at the moment.... My heart hurts, and is just broken..

I hopped up in my red range rover and drove to school.

- At the school-

I parked my car next to Ac's, Austin's and Rob's. All four of us got out of our cars, and started to walk towards the entrance of the school. There was a girl standing near the door that none of us had seen before.

"Aye blonde girl, you new here?" Austin asked her.

"Um yeah, I just moved here, why?" She answered.

"Just wondering. We've never seen you here before, you're a new face, and we were just curious" Austin said

"Oh, I understand haha. I'm usually a quiet person anyways." the girl said, smiling.