Chapter 5-In Marriage!

"Mr Sahir, to increase your social media reach, I have created a lot of reels for your Instagram and Facebook profile. And also am planning to run ads on Instagram and Twitter. May I have your permission? " 

He was doing Zoom Meeting with Hisham who was briefing him about his new strategies. 

"Tell me more about your ad strategy. How will you make them effective?" Sahir questioned him. 

"On Twitter and Instagram, there are a lot of audiences who love to read fiction. I will target 20-35-year-old people of Pakistan who will not only love your stories but will also be interested in your publishing offers. Initially, I will run A and B two days ad campaign to see the results." 

"That's great! Go ahead! Anything else? " His lecture time was approaching so he wanted to conclude the meeting. 

"Yes, I'm going to start "Featuring posts" on your social media accounts too. Sharing the struggle stories of other writers will not only increase our audience but will also attract the attention of collaborators." 

"Brilliant! I'm impressed with your ideas, Hisham. I'm sure your future is bright." Sahir praised him with an open heart at which a smile etched on Hisham's face. 

His whole body became full of energy and excitement.

"Thank you so much! I will start working on my ideas and will keep on sharing new ideas with you." Hisham said at which Sahir thanked him and cut the Zoom Meeting. 

His class still had ten minutes so he opened the laptop. There, his novel's document was present which was begging him to complete it. 

"Uff! This imposter syndrome! Why? Why?"

He massaged his temples, shut down the laptop and as usual, postponed his novel. 

……………………..

"Saba, I will burn your laptop if you don't leave it instantly!" Her mother's voice boomed at which she swiftly switched off the laptop. 

"I'm going to take shower! " she called out and rushed toward the washroom. 

It had been three days since Natasha's death and everything had become normal. Life had continued its circle, leaving dead ones behind it. 

That day, there was hustle and bustle in Saba's and Sahir's house. Both families were getting ready for Zain's marriage, unknown of what that marriage had in store for both families. 

She was standing in front of the mirror, clad in a golden long frock, a red hijab around her head and was applying pink lipstick on her lips. 

He was spraying perfume on his black pant court when his mother came into his room.

"Sahir, I have the flu so I'm not going to attend the event." 

"If you want, I can also postpone my plan," Sahir said while tensed lines marred his features. A smile etched on his mother's face. 

"No, there is no need for it. You and your father should go and attend the event. I will take medicine and will do some rest." She replied.

Tensed lines were still on his face but he didn't say anything. 

…………………….

Marriage Hall was beautifully decorated. The decoration, music, people's clothes and food were a clear indication that an Elite class marriage was going on. Bride Zarina and groom Zain was sitting on the stage and the relatives were taking pictures with them. Everyone was busy with selfies or gossip. 

Most of the girls were wearing half sleeves, some were clad in long frocks without any dupatta, or some had dupatta around their neck. Only Saba was wearing a hijab. Long frock, hijab and light makeup were making her pretty. 

"Saba! Why are you always wearing this shit on your head" 

Her cousin Asma said when she sat on the couch where her other relatives were also sitting. Sofas were in U shape and her relatives were sitting over there. 

"A person should enjoy some time," Asma said with a disgusting tone and expression at which anger shot in Saba's nerves. But, she took a deep sigh to calm her nerves. Replying bluntly will turn the conversation into a bitter one. 

"No Asma! Islam is 24- an hour religion and we are Muslims all the time. So we should follow its teachings no matter what time it is! " Saba said with a firm tone. 

An aunty, sitting near both of them and listening to them, said.

"Yes Saba, You are right. I am proud of you. Asma learns something from her."

This thing makes Asma angry. The aunty's last line hit her ego. 

Whenever adults compare two children with each other or degrade a child because of another one, they are sowing seeds of jealousy and bitterness in their children. Adults sow the seeds, egos water them and their trees bear poisonous fruit. That fruit kills the happiness and innocence of children. 

Asma started to look at Saba with an envious expression. Seeds of jealousy were sown deep into her heart. 

"What the fuck it is! Saba always gets attention and praise from everyone just because of this shit on her head. May I get a chance to let her down and make her ashamed in front of people" Asma thought. 

And she did not know that she was going to have that chance soon! 

.............................