Chapter Two

The doorbell rings and I rush downstairs to open it. It's Lissy. She's grinning at me holding a box of chocolates and a card. "Here you go." She says handing them to me. I take a quick glance at the card. It's one of those 'You passed your driving test. Congratulations' cards. Well I guess that I did pass my test, kind of.

"Thanks." I grin bringing her in for a hug.

I invite her in and we go to the Living room and flop down on the sofa.

"You have to tell me everything, from start to finish." She looks at me seriously. 

"Okay here goes. You know that the trials were a month ago. Right?" She nods.

"Well I went there all nervous and there were a few guys there, but no girls. So obviously I felt out of place. We did a few time trials then one race with all of us there. You'll never guess what happened in that race. There was a photo finish. I and this other guy Kyle were neck and neck over the finish line so we had to wait for the computer to work it out. And I won! How amazing is that? Now here I am with a shot at driving for Mclaren and all those lads are stuck at training camp."

Lissy laughed "So you're telling me that you were the only girl there and you still won. Bet they weren't happy at being beaten by a girl."

"No they weren't; especially Kyle because I lost him his job."

"I can understand that. Wouldn't you be mad if that were you?"

"Yeah but he's in the past now and I never have to see him again."

"That's true unless he gets a job as well."

"I guess."             

We talked for hours about everything I was going to have to do when I was at Mclaren. Lissy suggested I asked Jenson Button out, typical. I had no intention of doing so. Yeah, he was my hero but dating him? I somehow couldn't see it happening.

At that moment Mum came in to let us know that tea was ready. It was bangers and mash; my favourite.

Lissy stayed for dinner and got picked up not long after. She went saying something about an exam and seeing each other soon. That would be nice. I'd let her know how everything goes then.

That night I fell asleep dreaming about driving and Jenson. We were just cruising along the both of us with our radios connected, talking as we went along. It was a blissful dream when suddenly, vroom; Kyle went driving past sending me flying. My radio went funny and all I could hear was a menacing "This isn't over."

Then I woke up.

It was 9:00am. Two hours until my new manager was meant to call. Two hours until my new life begins.

I trudged downstairs; rubbing my eyes. That was one crazy dream. Maybe it meant something. Maybe I shouldn't go ahead with this.

Stop it Eleanor! It's too early to be worrying about things as big as this. You can't decide on things based on one stupid dream. Kyle isn't out to get you so don't worry. I started thinking about everything that Kyle could do: he could damage my car so that I couldn't race, he could intercept my call he could, he could. I began to worry frantically. I can't let him ruin everything.

I gave myself a stern talking to: 'Stop it Eleanor! It's too early to be worrying about things as big as this. You can't decide on things based on one stupid dream. Kyle isn't out to get you so don't worry.'

I can't let something a little as a dream affect my whole future. I'm just a bit paranoid that's all. It's nothing major. I'll just see what the Mclaren team has to say to me and then take it from there; sorted.