Chapter 2

We made our way inside of his study.  Father was standing behind his desk, shaking hands with the stranger.  The stranger turned to look at each of us, but his eyes rested on me.  His expression was calm but his eyes looked relieved in some way.   

“Ah! Here they are. My daughters.  Elizabeth, Patience, I would like you to meet Mr. Marvin Delright, Nelvian’s main servant and friend.”

“Mr. Delright it is a pleasure.” Elizabeth said curtsying.  I followed and did the same.

“A pleasure.” I said softly, still looking at him.  Gosh. He looked familiar. 

“You have lovely daughters, Sire Wilkes. I must be going now. Still lots of invitations to hand out.”

“Oh please tell us sir what kind of party will it be?” my sister excitedly asked.

“Masqurade.  The Master is very into dressing up and being something you aren’t. Or something you want to be.” He chuckled and smiled at me.  I looked away shyly.

“That will be all girls.  Patience, please show out Mr. Delright.  And thank you for your invitation sir.” My father said shaking his hand once more.

I hesitated at first and my sister nudged me.  I cleared my throat.  “Yes, father.”  I turned and quickly made my way out of the room. 

“How is the book?” Mr. Delright asked.  He was right next to me as we walked.  He pointed at the book I was clutching in my hand.

“Just fine sir.  I do not believe it really captivates William Shakespeare’s potential though. The main characters are interesting but…” I stopped myself and looked at the man.  He had a kind smile on his face, and he was actually listening.

Remembering what my sister told me, I sighed. “I am sorry. I always seem to ramble on about my books.”

“Oh no it is quite fine.” The old man chuckled.  We had reached the front door now and he straightened his hat.  “I absolutely adore love stories.  They have a type of…enchanting quality about them.”

“I agree with you sir.” I replied opening the door.  He took a step outside and waved his hand for his horse. I bit my lip and decided to be bold for once.  I wanted to know more about this Nelvian.  “If you don’t mind me asking, does…Master Nelvian like to read?”

The old man laughed a bit. “He loves to read when he can.  I am proud to say Nelvian Manor have the largest library in the state.”

My eyes grew wide. “Really?”  

“Oh yes. Master Nelvian is a scholar.” When his horse was delivered to him he climbed on it and looked down at me.  The way he looked at me reminded me of the way a father would look at his child.  “Have a great day Ms. Patience.”  He nudged his horse, pulled the reins, and departed before I could even ask him anything else.

“Goodbye.” I sighed as I watched his retreating figure.

~~

Demitri Vencove sat in the living room running his hand through an unconscious human girl’s hair.  She lay on her back, hands folded on her belly.  She was fully dressed and even still had on her fall cloak. Demitri watched her sleeping figure with his dark, red eyes: The color of hunger.  His midnight hair fell over his eyes and his sharp features made him so mysteriously handsome that he could will anyone to do anything. Hence, the unconscious girl on is couch.

 His teeth elongated as he snapped her neck killing her in an instant.  His mouth attacked her neck drinking her, lapping up any blood that dripped down.  

“I knew you were thirsty.” A voice said from behind him.  He stood up, turned and wiped his mouth; resting his eyes on Sylvia, his First Vampire in his coven.

She sauntered her way in moving her hips, obviously trying to get his attention. “I don’t know why you go long periods without…”

“Don’t question me.” he snapped, his eyes cutting harshly at her.  She made her way over to him kissed his hand.

“Forgive me.” She said looking up at him pleadingly.  Demitri smiled and placed his hand under her chin, guiding her to stand. “Oh Sylvia, if you weren’t as useful to me as you are, I would have made sure to have killed you by now.” His hand ran over her slender body and between her legs.  She moaned and smirked at him, leaning against his body, getting turned on by his choice of words.  “But your whoreful ways turn me on so.”  

He pushed her away and made his way across the room to his desk. He waved his hand over towards the human girl. “Remove her for me.  Or send someone in.”

“I will sir.” She said trying to hide her disappointment.  “But I have news that you would want to hear.” 

“Oh?” Demitri said, looking over his shoulder from his desk. “What now? Someone out of line that YOU could take care of?”

“Oh no, no, no, Demitri something better!  She’s alive.”   She said, quickly not to get him too upset.

Demitri turned and stared at the beautiful blonde girl.  A slow grin appeared on her face, obviously pleased with the reaction she received from him.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Apparently, it worked. And she has returned.” Sylvia said triumphantly crossing her arms.

Demitri made his way across the room in a flash, that not even Sylvia could see the deadly vampire approach her.  He held Sylvia by the neck and slammed her into the wall.  A dent around her body appeared on the gray stone.  “How the fuck do you know?” He demanded.

“Revon!” Sylvia struggled to say. “He told me! He did the test…with her blood! This year…this decade…it worked!”

Demitri’s red eyes shone brighter.  She was back, and she was in her prime.  There would be no way that it would have worked if she was a baby or a child of nine. His love was back.  His sweet, sweet girl.  He released Sylvia and let her drop to the ground.  “He didn’t tell me he was testing.”

Sylvia coughed and tried to breathe. “He didn’t want to disturb you, sir.  You were feeding.”

Demitri made his way over the wall sized window and looked out over the courtyard.  He couldn’t believe it.  He was dumbfounded to say the least.

So his cousin’s plan had finally worked.  Damn that bastard.   Did his dumb brute of a cousin honestly think that he, Demitri wouldn’t be able to figure it out? That he wouldn’t be back? 

Demitri turned and straighten his collared shirt. “Take me to Revon.  We leave this house tonight.” He pushed his way past Sylvia, who quickly followed as Demitri stalked from the room.

A/n: Sorry I am sooo late, new school year at college so I am very busy.  Anyways, Thanks for your comments! More to come soon!