Chapter One: His Return

Chan could swear something was up, when he felt numbness, his body flaring back to life. He felt the cold air entering his nose, and exiting, felt the softness of a blanket on his fingers. He heard muffled voices enter his ears, unable to make them out until after a few more moments of adjusting to everything. It seemed as if his eyes didn't want to open yet though,

"No Namjoon. You can't touch it, last time you broke the cord, and put his life on the line."

"Oh come on, Jin-hyung~! That was a mistake, plus i don't think he should be moving a lot.. It's not normal, he was in a coma for two years and has been like still for so long."

"Namjoon... Whose the healer here?"

"...You.."

"Then let me handle i- Holy shit his eyes opened."

Chan had managed to open his eyes after another moment, squinting to get past the sudden blindness he got from the bright lights above him, until they dimmed down as his eyes adjusted to the light. His brown eyes settled on the two boys he assumed were Jin and Namjoon, lips curling into a frown,

"Who are you?"

His voice rasped, breaking from how long he hasn't used it. Jin, who he assumed since he began to pull out so many things regarding a healer, spoke up first before the other older man could,

"I'm Kim Seokjin, but call me Jin. He's Namjoon. Our group had found you bleeding out and almost dead whenever we had arrived at that warehouse place. Your group had left, and none had come to get you so we just took you back here. We healed you but you weren't waking up and after a few days, our suspicions were confirmed. You were in a coma, and we didn't know how long until now. It's been two years, Bang Chan."

Chan froze, eyes widened now. He was in a coma for two years? What about Straykids? Were they safe?

"Straykids.. are they safe? Is the members ok?!"

Chan panicked, voice frantic and breaking in so many parts of his sentence. Namjoon tensed slightly, looking at Jin for an acceptance nod. When he got one, he moved and rested a hand on Chan's shoulder, looking at the younger boy with gentle eyes,

"Chan... I'm afraid your group has been disbanded.. Your members separated and joined other groups... If you'd like, i can tell you which ones, only after you adjust to being awake and you are fully functional."

Namjoon informed the boy, whose eyes gradually started to fill with tears. Namjoon felt his heart breaking, and sat on the edge of the bed. The older boy took Chan in his arms and just embraced him, allowing the young former leader to cry into his shoulder. They stayed like that for more than 20 minutes, Chan having emptied all of his tears, resulting to hiccuping and sniffling. Jin had managed to do a simple check-up on the young boy, deeming him ok enough to begin walking around and everything. It took multiple tries for Chan to be able to stand up, the embarrassment of having to be taught how to walk again evident on the Australian. 

After a few hours, Chan was able to walk around without holding onto anything, but he was still a bit shaky. Jin informed him that Namjoon will tell him where his former members are in a  few days, so that they know Chan wouldn't run off and end up hurting himself again. They wanted to be sure he was fully functional to be able to survive on his own, and told him that he was welcome to stay here until he was able to gather up his members. Chan sat down on a chair beside a window, his gaze staring outside into the mini forest they were hidden in. Chan was worried whether his members were alive or not, his hands curling into fists on his legs.

He was even more worried for how they would react to him suddenly coming out of nowhere and showing that he was alive, and breathing.