Chapter 9 Sneakers

Elizabeth - It was Monday now , Carter and I were trying to find a way to sneak in my house and get all my things without my parents noticing . " We could just go through your window . " he suggested . " yeah it's not like mom or dads gonna notice anyway . He probably drunk and she's probably stoned . Jeez my parents are great aren't they . " I laughed humorlessly . We got out of the car and started walking across the street towards my house . My room was on the right side of the house on the bottom floor so it wouldn't be that hard to get to . There's another free room up top but by the time my parents started arguing they got separate rooms and I was forced to stay in the guest room . " Give me a

boost " I told Carter while lifting my foot up emphasizing him to spot me . He cupped his hands together and lifted me gently . The window was a little higher up and I'm short so yeah I had to have a little help . I always kept my window unlocked for anytime I needed to just get away so that wouldn't be a problem either . I climbed into my room and flopped on the floor . I mentally cursed myself fearing someone might have heard . Picking myself up from the floor I grabbed my backpack and a big suitcase to put my things in . I didn't have many things so that should be sufficient . " I'm coming in . " Carter said . " No , no don't . " I motioned for him to stay down there . " I need you down there so I can hand my stuff to you . " he chuckled " oh can't do it yourself .? " he asked mocking me . " I can but I don't want to insult your 'manliness' but looking stronger than you . " I laughed while emphasizing the word manliness . I quickly grabbed my clothes from my closet and what little stuff I had in my dresser drawers which was not a lot . I collected some of my personal items and my things from the bathroom . I only had 2 pairs of shoes so I could carry those . I went to the window and handed the backpack down and then the big suitcase . I threw the shoes on the ground and hoped out of the window with Carter's help . We both carried my things and went to his car . About halfway there I stopped myself . " wait I want to bring my car too . " I went inside to see the key hooks on the wall . There was my moms Porsche , my Volkswagen , and dads Lamborghini . I reached for my keys but abruptly changed directions . My fingers landed on my dads Lamborghini . I grasped the keys in my hand while exiting the house for the last time , at least I hoped .
||
Authors note - for those of you that still read this book 😅 I'm inserting this chapter that I never published , & I'm thinking about rewriting this book . Or writing a different one . Tell me what kind of book you would like to read
A ) mystery
B ) romance
C ) drama
D ) other
Comment 👋👌